Trigger From Unit Change Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger From Unit Change Problem

I'm having a problem getting a HomeSeer trigger from a HAI unit change. I have a HAI unit that gets set to on or off when its dark or light out. That works fine on the Omni. I set up a HomeSeer HAI Unit trigger. I have one HS event set so when the "counter" is equal to 1 trigger. Another when the counter is 0. Neither seem to trigger and I have waited 24 hours. I use zone triggers like this all the time and they fire instantly. Could it be that the Omni turns it "on" or "off" but HmeSeer looks at it as a counter? I assume "on" is 1 and "off" is "0"

A couple of things - one of them is a biggie: When ON, the value of an HAI unit is 100, not 1. Also, many of the HAI units have rather inconsistent operation as to when they report their status to the event log... When the unit is turned On or Off, HomeSeer gets the notice right away. Anything other than that though and it has to wait for the longer periodic poll (thank HAI for that). I also learned some other things such as turning an X-10 unit on or off through the API (e.g. HomeSeer) generates an event immediately, but if you do it from your HAI console, then HomeSeer (event log) never gets record of it.

The next time I release an update to the HAI plug-in, I am going to try to find workarounds to some of these issues.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

If you're doing the Techhome basic training next month, grab Rich Scholl and double team Jay M. from HAI about fixing the #$%!@%! polling! Maybe the two of you might get him to see the light.

My system is described in my profile.
      My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Working...
      X