X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.0.94 broke the system

Problems Rick.

Upgraded to .94 last night, and noticed HS performance went into the dumps. Had a chance to look into now and found the following info in the log.

12/22/2003 1:19:56 AM~!~HAI System~!~HAI Plug-In Version 1.0.94
    12/22/2003 1:19:56 AM~!~HAI System~!~About to initialize HAI System on COM1
    12/22/2003 1:19:57 AM~!~HAI System~!~Security code is number 0, which has a level of Invalid Code
    12/22/2003 1:19:57 AM~!~HAI System~!~Panel Model: 4 (Omni Pro) with Panel Software Version: 1.8

Everything seems to be fine until I kick off a button through HS, at which point I start getting this.

12/22/2003 1:29:10 AM~!~HAI System~!~Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.
    12/22/2003 1:29:12 AM~!~HAI System~!~Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.
    12/22/2003 1:29:15 AM~!~HAI System~!~Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.
    12/22/2003 1:29:18 AM~!~HAI System~!~Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.
    12/22/2003 1:29:20 AM~!~HAI System~!~Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.
    12/22/2003 1:29:21 AM~!~Warning~!~I/O interface is down, restarting ...
    12/22/2003 1:29:22 AM~!~HAI System~!~HAI Plug-In Version 1.0.94
    12/22/2003 1:29:22 AM~!~HAI System~!~About to initialize HAI System on COM1
    12/22/2003 1:29:23 AM~!~HAI System~!~Security code is number 0, which has a level of Invalid Code
    12/22/2003 1:29:24 AM~!~HAI System~!~Panel Model: 4 (Omni Pro) with Panel Software Version: 1.8
    12/22/2003 1:29:36 AM~!~HAI System~!~Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.
    12/22/2003 1:29:57 AM~!~HAI System~!~All HAI Items and Units are Up-To-Date. Triggers and Conditions are now active.

After the :21 warning I used task manager to shutdown the plugin, after which it automatically restarted itself and everything is fine until the next button push. I also noticed that CPU usage which normally runs between 5% - 15% jumps all the way to 85% - 100% when the recovery routine stuff is going on.

Any thoughts? Am I getting bit in the posterior again by my large system? I'm going back to .66 for the moment so everything is working.

My system is described in my profile.

Jim,

I actually went back to 66 myself after noticing the startup/recovery messages in the log of my system, so no, it is not your system. (It is my bad code!)

I added some stuff to debug a problem that another user was having and did fix a problem where the plug-in loops endlessly if the panel is not connected when you start HomeSeer, so nothing serious lost by going to 66. I just need to do some serious rewrites of some of that code this spring... it is overdue for an overhaul!

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Okay. As long as my system is not the only one having heartburn. As an FYI, the counters/units portion of the plugin is still flaky enough on my system that for practical purposes I cannot use that portion of the plugin. I'm going to do a rewrite of the Omni code sometime in the future and pull as much of it as possible into HS. Hopefully that will help the problem. Unfortunatly, a good portion of it is lighting control, and I don't want to move that because of the additional response time it would create.

On a different note, have you had any luck with HAI getting it's act together regarding the ethernet port?

Comment

Jim,

On the Ethernet interface no - they are "still working" on the DLL. At the time I sit down to actually add support for that I bet I end up writing that code myself...

On a positive note, after a little gentle persuasion from a business partner, HAI finally sent me (Only took ~11 months) the information I need to be able to have the plug-in find out information such as which zones have thermostats, which are smoke detectors, etc. There is some amount of decoding that I have to do, but in the late spring hopefully I will have an update that incorporates some of this stuff. I would like to do it sooner, but HAI definitely missed the window of opportunity when I was actively developing the plug-in and now I am so backlogged with work that I can't promise anything unless Santa Claus drops a programmer in my stocking tomorrow night.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

I'd be glad to volunteer my services as a programmer, but until the MVS/DB2 IBM mainframe version of HS comes out, I probably would not be of much help.

Comment

Rick, has this ver. 94 problem been fixed, or do you still recommend 66? I didn't see this resolved, but I noticed ver. 94 is in the updater. If even you are not recommending the latest code ...

Thanks.

Comment

Dang - sorry - forgot to pull '94 from the updater. I was working on more X-10 interface features, but then ran into a big roadblock and decided that the HAI is NOT an X-10 interface for HomeSeer. In doing so, I broke some stuff so yes, still stay away from '94. I will put it from the updater.

Regards,

HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

Working...
              X