Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started this thread to attempt to resolve my problem using my two HAI RC100 tstats. Well The updated script file i received did get the tstat working as far as getting the status temp etc also i am able to send the outside temp to the units. Very cool. but I cannot control the units reliably. If fact I have resorted to doing everything manually from the unit on the wall. defeats the purpose of Automation. Also the script will hang Homseer ever third or so time it runs ie. I may be accessing the pull down menu when all of a sudden the entire Homeseer program hangs and the RC script shows as running on the status bar. I have to wait until it completes before the menu and home seer becomes responsive again.

I wish i had never purchased the HAI tstats. I have an old X10 tstat that works flawlessly but i had planned on not using X10 in my new house to reduice X10 traffic. Maby i should have got the RS232 RCS tstats. Anyway I have the HAI RC devices surly Thay can be made to work using homeseer. Or should i just get an HAI security pannel

Comment

Since I have got mine working they work perfectly, no issues or problems. I may get 1 timeout a week, but that appears when the script runs twice.

I would suggest that you try the HAI Pstat.exe program and upload/download all the settings to the tstats, this seemed to help me quite a bit.

You could also try the script I posted in the script library, it should work with the 100, the same as the 122.

Scott

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Andrew,

I thought you were in business too - I did not realize that you were still inoperable. As you might have seen from the posts though, the thermostat scripts work. Of course that depends on whose scripts you are using, but the HS ones at least seem to be working. There are lots of issues in setting up these thermostats though - baud rate, protocol type, address, device unit code in HomeSeer... so it is easy to have problems.

A quick checklist, although I know you have already checked most of these...

The address of the thermostat - make sure it is 1, subsequent thermostats must be different e.g. 2, 3, 4...

The device in HomeSeer has to have a unit number corresponding to the thermostat address - e.g. thermostat address of 3 means a unit ending in 3 such as A3, E3, w3, t3.

The baud rate on the thermostat has to be set properly.

The protocol on the thermostat must be set to SERIAL and NOT the Omni one.

And THEN you have to make sure the serial interface is wired correctly...

Post back here if you are still unable to get it working.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

The Tstats are setup correctly, The devices are configured in Homeseer with the correct Address I am using t1,t2. The cables i am using are CAT5e rated and the connections to the serial port are done using a soldered connection as i wanted to eliminate the potential for a bad connection. I can get the units to accept changes such as fan on and off or heat, cool, auto etc with a fairly good level of reliability. However this will also fail at times but not as badly as setting the temp set points. Almost always if I try to change the set points from HS it pauses for a long time than looses connection altogether and displays -40* etc until the RC script runs again and it settles back down. Like I said it works fine as long as I do not attempt to make changes to the settings remotely. If I change the settings on the unit itself the change is almost immediately updated in HS without problems.

I am still confused as to which is the correct RC100 script to use.

Comment

At waht rate are you polling? I had a lot of problems with a quick polling rate, I am currently using 4 minutes, and would have selected longer but I didn't want the outside temp to timeout.

You can try my script, I kow it works with two units. It is a combo of stock and other people scripts.

Have you used Pstat to upload/dowload settings to the tstats? I found after I did that they seemed to work perfectly, but before that I had nothing but problems.

I do still have timeout issues if I attempt to set too many things too fast or when a script is already running. I tried using the 'isrunning' command to stop this but it detected itself and failed. I have never had it lockup or crash HomeSeer. It would be nice if the thermostat script had the 'do not trigger within i minute' option.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Scott can you post your script or e-mail it to me?

Comment

Where can I get a copy of this Pstat program?

Comment

I got Pstat.exe from HAI, I don't think I can publicly redistribute it.

But I did send you an email...

My thermostat script is here in the script library.

Thanks,

Scott

[This message was edited by sbessel on Thu, 04 December 2003 at 08:16 PM.]

Comment

I got the PStat program and found that if i disable the programable features of the tstat the problems i was havving almost completly go away.

Comment

I used the script with the latest beta, and it did not work. tried the nak scripts, worked in the day, but then failed at night. Pulled the smarthome boosterlinc out of the drawer (never seemed to work and thought it was causing problems) olugged it in, and wham! Everything started working solidly with the thermostat. So I guess the boosterlinc really DOES do something. Just did some more testing and realized why I thought the boosterlinc was causing problems. I have overcompensated for my X10 signal loss. Once I removed all the band aids, repeaters, (other than the phase joiner in the circuit box) and other supposed fixes, the boosterlinc seems to fix everything just right. Especially my thermostat

Comment

Where can I get this pstat.exe from HAI?
                        Can someone email it to me?

I am having an issue where the script (Rc-80 for my RC-90) will not function and I will find my system hung. It will prompt me saying the script rc80 is taking longer to execute that it should. I have to reboot the machine and everything seems ok after that......
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I'm about to do an install of 2 RC80's to a PC running HS with HS-Phone on a PC running XP-Home ed. Aside from the wiring, which seem pretty straight forward, are there any tips and tricks that anyone could offer to help make this install go smoothly? I just don't want to drive 1.5 hours each way every time something gets flakey.
                          Thanks

When I die, I'd like to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not affraid and screaming like the other people in the car he was driving.

Comment

Well- if someone is nice enough to get pstat for us then it may make your install all that much better.

Hop to people who have pstat. Email me

michael_d_scott@removethis.yahoo.com
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Just look at this thread and others. It would seem that the HAI TSTATS RC100/80 etc do not work with the HS scripts. I am sure they are rock with the OMNI Security pannel.

As I do not have one I think I am about to e-bay the TSTATS and get somthing that works. like the RCS devices. I have one of them and tested it with HS and no problems at all. Like a ROCK.

So with this said I think we have been lead down the long lonley road...

Anyone want 3 RC100 tstats. Almost new. Dont work with HS but look good on the wall..

Andrew

Fast, Secure, Reliable, Profitable, Satisfaction.

Comment

You are contradicting yourself in the very thread that you started.

First, you wrote that they do not work when in this very thread Scott Bessel wrote:
                                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Since I have got mine working they work perfectly, no issues or problems. I may get 1 timeout a week, but that appears when the script runs twice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then, you yourself wrote:
                                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>got the PStat program and found that if i disable the programable features of the tstat the problems i was havving almost completly go away.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have mentioned before that there are people successfully using the RC-80 and RC-100 thermostats with HomeSeer. I also stated that we are replacing the script based thermostat support with new plug-ins that we are currently working on, the first of which should be out this month.

If you want to replace your HAI thermostats because HAI does not make them "plug and play" in that you have to set their address, baud rate, and communications mode properly first, then so be it - but please do not blame HomeSeer for this. I agree that they are not the easiest to set up and use, but they are the only thermostats that I know of that are UL Listed, not just UL Approved -- they are a solid family of thermostats.

I wish we had committed to changing the script based support to plug-ins earlier so this would be done already but at this point there is probably another one to two months before the HAI version of the thermostat plug-ins will be ready.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
                                HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                                X