Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the issues may be two fold. First I have seen, and I have had a lot of problems getting these connected and communicating right. Once they are connected and communicating right I have no real issues. But... I do not use HS to set my temps, I use HS only to read current settings and twice a day change the fan settings. this works 99.4% of the time. I can see where people would have issues trying to adjust the temp with HS throughout the day as the sript will always timeout if you run it twice or on top of itself.

I have helped stop some of this in my system by setting the poll rate to 4 minutes, I would have gone longer but after 5 the outside temp on the display will timeout.

The problem is I cannot stop HS from polling the Tstats and the hs.isscriptrunning command does not work on detecting itself. So you get the script running twice and timing out.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

So I have gotten my thermo working somewhat and it seems to crash my HS every couple of days.

I never touched the pollrate in the script since it was commented. I just read something and realized that the "pollrate" comment in the script may in fact not be a comment at all. So I altered that to 4 from a 1 and am going to hope for the best.

In the web window, I can see the temp- the set points. Everything looks good. What I cannot seem to do it toggle the hold. Did I miss something in the configuration of the tstat?

And I lost my installation manuals. I have to install another tstat for zone 2- and I can't find either manual. Woops. HAI doesn't put it on their page.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I like your passion and purpose.

And you are correct I did say
        quote:
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        got the PStat program and found that if i disable the programable features of the tstat the problems i was havving almost completly go away.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But almost is the operative word here. not completely. Sorry for the confusion. But I am still having problems with timeouts and find the HAI T-Stats to be less reliable than the RCS ones. However I have got permission from the wife to purchase an OMNIPRO II this should solve my problems….

Fast, Secure, Reliable, Profitable, Satisfaction.

Comment

your wife will give permission for me to buy those as well

Let me know how it goes. Maybe best to wait for zwave.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

PSTAT.EXE

Have fun...

Fast, Secure, Reliable, Profitable, Satisfaction.
            Attached Files

Comment

edit the rc80/rc100.thm file.
              loog for the following

'===================== Communications Primitives =======================

function opencomm(device)
              hs.OpenComPort Port,"300,N,8,1",0,"","" ' 300 baud, N81, no callback
              opencomm = 0
              end function

function closecomm()
              'dta=hs.CloseComPort(Port)
              closecomm = 0
              PortOpen = False
              end function

Note the line dta=hs.CloseComPort(Port) now put a single quote in front of the word dta as shown...

I know it makes no sense but i have done this and wow the first time no errors Finaly I can say the HAI RC-100 tstats i have don't crash and burn.. I will keep an eye on this but let me know if this works for all of you.

Andrew

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."
              - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
              - Bjarne Stroustrup

Comment

I am using a tablet pc and somtimes it does not read my hand writing so well. But I find it much better than a keyboard and it slips into my lap and the wife does not get to upset when i use it the laptop seems to get her upset. somthing about spending all my time on the computer Cans be sure though as i was not paying attention at the time as i was on the computer

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."
                - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
                - Bjarne Stroustrup

Comment

Boyce, I beat you to it. Sorry I didn't remember this trick when we were discussing in the other thread. I don't visit this HAI section often because it seemed to be dedicated to the Omni.

Comment

So I installed pstat and I realized it wants the thermo down on the lower 4 comm ports- so I moved it. Pstat worked like a charm. I could set temp and toggle the hold. The interface sucked- but it did what it was supposed to do.

Went back to HS- moved to comm port 2- and same thing- cannot toggle the hold from the web page or gui. Can set the temperature- can set the fan- everything except toggle the hold.

I am using the script from the updater. You guys seem to be using some older version. When I comment out the line you are using- I get errors since it looks like commopen checks to see if the port is closed. I may try the script you guys are running but I am sceptical since it does not appear that I am having comm/port communication problems. Well- perhaps when I have some time I will give it a run.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

So when I created the device- I was using the RC100 script. I switched over to the RC80 script a while back but just realized that the device still was using the RC100 script. I removed the device completely within HS- and then for good measure I recreated the device on another device number- and now it used the RC80 script and also seems to work. Wohoo- now stay stable.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I also posted a modifed RC-122 script in the script library that has been working for me. I have recently added a few more features that were just for my system here, and so far have no issues.

I use it to update the tstats date/time and outside temp. I also log the Tstats status to my MCSTemperature database so I can use it in my temp graphs, this is helpful to show the differences between inside and outside temps and how effective my HVAC system is.

In the next week or I so I hope to actually have HS control all my tstat temps including setbacks and such...

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew Boyce:
                          edit the rc80/rc100.thm file.
                          loog for the following

'===================== Communications Primitives =======================

function opencomm(device)
                          hs.OpenComPort Port,"300,N,8,1",0,"","" ' 300 baud, N81, no callback
                          opencomm = 0
                          end function
                          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is not a fix for all of us. When I do that, I get tons of errors in the homeseer log: "Port already open" - happens about every minute. But mine works OK for me without trying that fix. I'm limping along fine until the tstat plugins come along...

--------------
                          -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

Used the script right from the updater- modified the pollrate to 4......

I believe that is all I did....

Delete the device and retry it...

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I was wondering if the RC-80 has the ability to run autonomously if (for example) a power failure resulted in the PC not rebooting correctly. My fear is if it did not run in some sort of fail-safe mode, the pipes could freeze, resulting in a serious lawsuit.

Stan

When I die, I'd like to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not affraid and screaming like the other people in the car he was driving.

Comment

Yes the RC80 runs autonomously. The HS interface allows you to read/write various parameters, but the rc80 takes care of the normal cycling and running through programs, just like a normal programable thermostat.

Comment

Working...
                                X