Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OpenComport comment Stoped working when i upgraded to version 6.0.186 of HS I had to remove the comment. Strange thing is if i go back to an older version of HS the comm timeout errors return until i commment out the opencomport line and it causes comport already open errors when i upgrade to 186. It looks like some of the issues we have had with the TCxxx scripts were due to somthing with Homeseer all along ?

Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

-----------------------
    "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

Comment

I have made a new RS-232 plug (pigtailed) and tested all leads for continuity. All checks out. What is "the bottom line" as far as script tweaking, that I must do to get the RC80's talking to the PC running XP Home? I'm ready to hire RH to go up and make the pain go away. At least it's only a hour drive.

S

When I die, I'd like to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not affraid and screaming like the other people in the car he was driving.

Comment

RC80 will work with HS 6.0.186 BATA

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

It came to me last night that HS ID's the RC80 devices using standard X-10 addressing (like q1,2,3,4,etc. and r1,2,3,4,etc.), but RC80 tstats are set as unit #1 or #2 using their firmware. How does HS know which tstat is which when 2 RC80 tstats are hooked up in parallel to the serial port?

I'm leaving around 10 this morning to hopefully complete this install and I just think this might become an issue. Do I keep trying housecodes until I find the letter that works with the tstat?

Stan

When I die, I'd like to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not affraid and screaming like the other people in the car he was driving.

Comment

But I was thinking about using another comm port anyways for good measure.

Has anybody had any luck in getting a trigger with the script? I'd like to do something like

if heat < 53 then
            `something is wrong
            email "work", "heat is busted- get home and fix"
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

The way the script works is it looks at the house code to determin which tstat to communicate with.

IE TSTAT set to address 1 would require it to be set to a house code ending in "1" the first part is not relevent. ie you could use t1 for the first tstat r2 for the second and z3 for the third. but it would make sense to just use one house code like "t" I use t1,t2,t3 for my three tstats and they are all in parrallel on the same com port but if i change the house code it will not affect the operastions so long as i do not change the number. as it is the number in the house code that determins the tstat.

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I was up in Maine hitting the slopes... repeatedly

After soldering the custom RS-232 at home under my new magnifying lamp, I took the pig-tailed plug up to the job site, twisted the wires and had instant comm with both tstats.

Lesson learned? Don't try and make custom RS-232 plugs in the field. At that point everything functioned and I was able to go skiing without that sick feeling of a failed installation hanging over me.
                To say this forum was a big help is an understatement. Everyone of you, including a cell phone call to the master, Rich H. helped this project come in on budget.

Thanks

Stan

Comment

It never ends.... Now it is back to not working again

Will this thing ever just stay working..

Timeouts, System pauses when Script is running, Confusion between which Tstat it is working with and somtimes it will set all my Tstats to the same temp when i ma controling anly one of them

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I have not heard back from the tstat install client, so I'm guessing "no news is good news". However... I've come to realize that Windows 95, 98, 98SE, 2000, ME, XP, XP Pro and any other Microsoft product will "eat itself" without some intervention. My third party solution is Norton Systemworks 2003. It will search and find the hairball in your OS and fix it or give you options on how to deal with it.
                    As far as the tstat script, the latest beta version at Homeseer worked fine right out of the box. I don't even think I had to tweak the buffer setting. Hats-off to Rich and his team for making that nightmare go away for me.
                    Give Norton a try and see if it cleans the clogs out.

Comment

Working...
                    X