Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Updater

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In Updater

    An update to the beta packages is in the updater - 1.1.15 has the proposed resolution to the plug-in losing sync when the system is overloaded. It does not have any fixes to the HVAC script calls for using double integers or for logging the startup messages. Still working on those.
    Regards,

    Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

  • #2
    Rick,
    FYI: I'm away with work for a week so I'll have to install this (with a HS 1.7 upgrade) when I get back.
    Ross.

    Comment


    • #3
      O.K. I'll give it a shot.

      One comment. I noticed that it identified my fire zones, and my outside temp sensor, but never said it detected the thermostats at zone 16. Maybe it assumes they are always at 16.

      On the web page, inside temps seem to be read O.K., but the outside temp is being read as "0"

      Comment


      • #4
        anogee,

        Outside temps are read at a different interval than thermostats - make sure you checked after it has been up and running for a while. If it still is not reading the temp correctly, and it DID identify the temperature sensor at startup, then it must be I did not register the temperature sensor that I detected properly. Let me know if you do see a temperature though before I go and check that part of the code.

        Yes, thermostats are always on zone 16 for everything but the Omni LT, so I make the assumption for that zone if there is one or more thermostats in the system.
        Regards,

        Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

        Comment


        • #5
          The good news, is that it has been running for 24 hours and it seems stable. Still chugging along. But, the outdoor thermostat still reads as "0" on the web page, although the initialization did note that the zone (17) was detected. (Outside temp reads fine on the panels in the house.)

          Comment


          • #6
            Haven't used the new beta (stil away from home) but I saw this with the original beta where the RC80 temp was read ok, but the 2 temp sensors reported 0.

            Ross.

            Comment


            • #7
              OK - obviously a bug, and perhaps one that has been there for a while!

              I'll look into it then.
              Regards,

              Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

              Comment


              • #8
                I have one Aux temp and humidity sensor, but it is not currently connected to my panel or my development panel. Whilst trying to find time to get that connected, can you do a quick debug trace and send it to me?

                Either through the panel setup screen or the new web configuration screen, enable debug logging to level 4. (Delete any existing haidebug.log files first)

                Now go to the HVAC screen (which should generate a request to get the current temperature) and also wait 2-3 minutes so that one of the regular poll events occurs, then shut down the debug logging.

                The haidebug.log file might be large, but it compresses like crazy when put in a ZIP archive. If you send it to me at my email address then I can get some data to work with right away.

                Thanks.
                Regards,

                Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

                Comment


                • #9
                  O.K. I can do that when I get home.

                  For me at least, the external temp sensor DID read correctly in previous versions. (I also modified my config file manually to tell it about the sensor.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I currently have 2 external temp sensors (with more to come) and on the original (older) plugin, the temps read fine. Only saw this issue with the new beta. Alas, I'm still not home to upgrade and get the debug info.

                    Ross.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just tried the latest beta, and my outdoor temp now works again. Thanks for the fix.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X