Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. I have tried bypassing the webx and different comports and comport settings with no change what so ever.

Comment

Apologies to "Agent J"

Troops, I do apologize for my earlier diatribe. I lost my cool. At least I am willing to admit my error. Sorry about that. Nonetheless, "Agent J" kept plugging away in spite of all the slings and arrows being thrown at him from many directions. Under Plugin 12SEP06, everything I need now works (e.g., Digital Inputs, Flags over 99, Relays under 41, & Variables) both ways for which I am exceedingly grateful. I have not checked ADCs, IRs, or Timers because I left that functionality with SG.

There are easy work arounds to handle things connected to SG via an RS-485 Hub so I hesitate to even suggest any further changes to the now (for me at least) stable and functioning SG Plugin. It has indeed been a long slog but the end result (i.e., smoothly functioning HS <-> SG communication) was well worth the effort. Thanks again, "Agent J"!

Comment

Why on earth it works for you and not me is beyond me. What firmware do you have on your stargate? What speed is your comport set at?

Comment

Matt have you tried?

When you go to the Interface tab under setup and you view the enabled and disabled buttons for the SG plugin, are both the x10 and other columns enabled.

If the other column is not enabled it will cause the plugin not to communicate flags and relays.

Hope this is the problem

Juan

Comment

Originally posted by jvaldes
            When you go to the Interface tab under setup and you view the enabled and disabled buttons for the SG plugin, are both the x10 and other columns enabled.

If the other column is not enabled it will cause the plugin not to communicate flags and relays.

Hope this is the problem

Juan
            Oh my God. What a $#^$%^$%^$%^ing idiot. Other was disabled. That is why I kept seeing INFO in the log.

Comment

No Lone Ranger

Don't be too hard on yourself. Now that Juan points it out I realize I should have mentioned it to you too since early on I did the same thing. Others (including yours truly) have overlooked other rather obvious stuff. It's not like we have a detailed User's Manual. We have to rely on each other for help. Glad you got things going!

Comment

Originally posted by Cairndhu1
                Don't be too hard on yourself. Now that Juan points it out I realize I should have mentioned it to you too since early on I did the same thing. Others (including yours truly) have overlooked other rather obvious stuff. It's not like we have a detailed User's Manual. We have to rely on each other for help. Glad you got things going!
                Well atleast now it is on the board. Need to start a sticky.

Comment

Congratulations, Matt. I know that feeling all too well - that odd combination of both disgust and relief when you finally figure out why the damned thing wouldn't work. I just popped a beer in your honor - but I have to drink it because you're not here. Here's to ya.

With HS, I have learned, and relearned, again and again and again that when it works for everybody else except me, it's me.

Mark
                  Mark

Comment

Hi Matt-

Glad to hear all is working! As our good fried Ockham Says, "The simplest solution is always the best one."

I will update the sticky at the top of this forum to reflect this.

Pierre-

I am a bit confused by your last post. Are you still seeing the #1 security issue? This was fixed in that latest updater build. Also, I have not seen myself nor has anyone else seen the Missing config button issue. I can't really tell if these are resolved or not, so please let me know.

Thanks all!
                    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

RJ-

Any insight into the timer event issue mentioned earlier in Posts #183 and #184?

I can't offer much explanation. It appears that these events are created by the plugin when a SG timer is set. Sometimes these events go away and sometimes they don't (and thus they accumulate in the Events list). I deleted 175 of them tonight.

Mark
                      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mattdb
                        Oh my God. What a $#^$%^$%^$%^ing idiot. Other was disabled. That is why I kept seeing INFO in the log.
                        Yeee Haw!!

Good job Matt, glad to have you 'on-board'!

It's time for:

Comment

Hi Mark-

Haven't had time to look at that yet. I will tell you that these events are created by the plugin, and they should be deleted as well.

I don't know what the original intent of these events was, but I will be looking at this on Friday when I am back in the office. I did some minor cleanup on that code a while ago, but I haven't looked at it too recently to be sure.

RJ
                          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Equipment to Test with

RJ,

If you would like, I have an LCD, IO Xpander, IR Xpander, and 485 hub I will let you use for a couple of months to finalize plug-in testing. Let me know where to ship to.
                            I'll buy you a RCS 8R5PR 8 channel RS485 Relay Expansion if you would like one to write and support plug-in.

Pete

Originally posted by RJ
                            Wow you guys post fast!

I am in all day tomorrow to look at everything. So far, the issues to address are:
                            • Missing Config button
                            • Relays not being tripped
                            • Relays on external units
                            • Weird timer events
                            As to some new people who have just hopped on this thread, please remember that I am not the original author of this plugin. I have made several changes, but by no means have figured out all the code to this yet. Timers were a tricky issue before I took over, so there is probably still something that is going wrong here.

To users with timers: Is there any sequence of events in either Stargate or HomeSeer that could cause this to happen? If you can get something repoduceable, then I will do what I can to find out what is wrong here. Please remember the Stargate unit we have here at the lab is basic: no expanders, keypads, etc, and it can be tricky to ensure all components in a system this broad are functional.

To Matt and other new users: Hang in there! This plugin is still a work in progress (hence the BETA label!) We will get it working right, you can count on it!

Another topic: Thermostats. Right now, we do not plan to support the thermostats. This has not been my decision, and we are not going to work on this anytime soon. However, if 6 months down the road there is a bit of a lull in development, we may consider adding this in. But for now, PLEASE remember that this WILL NOT be added. (I really think I've said this a million times!)

On a lighter note, I will have another build tomorrow and hopefully a subsequent one either Friday or Saturday. If you have sent me a log, what I am really looking for is a "Scenario", i.e., I do this in Stargate, and HomeSeer does that wrong. Things like "This doesnt worK" don't really help much. If you have sent me something, I will look it over thoroughly tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Pete-

I appreciate the generous offer, but I don't think we'll be doing that right now. I would need to check with Rich Helmke anyway, and he is currently out in Denver with the rest of the gang.

The RS485 stuff is still not going to be implemented. This was not in the original plugin, so we don't want to add it right now. Bear in mind that if things are slow down the road we might support these, but for now they are out.
                              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Easier way to do RS485 stuff

If the serial protocol is so hard to work with making RS485 device support impractical, I'm just curious why the plugin is even using the serial connection? JDS themselves connect through the web expander for all new products such as HomeRunner and we know all the data and control stuff is available that way because you can access a web expander with any browser. Wouldn't this be a simpler portal for a Stargate plugin to use and one that already supports thermostats etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X