This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tman-

Check your JDS.ini file in your HomeSeer config folder. The setting gBaudRate should be set to 2400, and if it is not, you can either change to file or change this on the ASPX status page.

I'm not sure why the return includes the "ff" character. This is supposed to go get the Hardware type, and if you have a TimeCommander, it should return 01 or 02. Try enabling Debug logging, and we can check what is going on here.

P.S. - Sorry for the late response, I completely missed your post!
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Using latest HS 2.1.104.0 and Plug-in build 8.

On the phone pad screen if I select the message log the web interface will eventually time out with an ASP server error then crash my Stargate hard requiring a power cycle of the StarGate to recover.

Also, I just re-imported my device db and have this:
      My analog device values are static in that they haven't changed their values since I deleted and re-built the 'sample.mdb' back on 7/19/2006. The 'Last Change' for these analog devices also show 7/19/2006.

Security Devices: In the HS Web Status page, all show a value of '0' which I presume means their respective zones are secure. At the time of HS startup I have two zones faulted with open windows. The security devices do not update in real-time either. I.E. I fault or secure a zone and the devices status remains at '0'. Now this may be a Stargate thing as I know the communications between itself and the Caddx alarm panel is quirky. I don't know if Stargate polls the panel periodically or just waits for the panel to send its updates to the Stargate when they occur. I have the Caddx serial protocol around here someplace or someone from the JDS list does if HS needs it. When I start the StarGate's WinEvm there are no entries in the log as to the current state of the security zones. Seems there is no status for their current values until a zone changed its value then that new value will appear in the WinEvm log window.

From the StarGate's WinEvm interface there isn't a method of viewing the status of any of the Security zones. If WinEvm is running and I fault a zone, then that zones status will display in the WinEvm log window as:

SEC 'Zone's Name': FAULTED

When I secure the same zone:

SEC 'Zone's Name': OK

HVAC: Can we have an interface or access to the StarGate's HVAC control functions?
      On my system if the HVAC temperature changes that new value will show in the WinEvm log window as: "HVAC Zone: 'Zone Name' Temp = 72.

One more: From the 'HomeSeer Web Control' page, there is a button left of the 'Status' button labeled 'Start".
      If I select this I get a 'Server Error in '/' Application' HTTP 404 error.

Comment

Re: Security devices

I have the same issue with security devices not updating (zones). At least on my end it's not a Stargate-Caddx communication thing, because I previously used flags in Stargate to indicate zone faults. I still have those flags, and they are updated appropriately in HS - but the new security devices are not.

Comment

Hi Guys-

I definitely want to fix the security issue, but the protocol spec from JDS makes no mention of security devices.

This is where you guys can help me out! Are security devices a whole separate type, or simply Variables, relays, etc. that are labeled "Security?" If I can figure this out, I can definitely get an answer to this issue.

Also, on the subject of Thermostats connected to the panel: Since there was not functionality for this in the previous plugin, we are not looking to add support for this right now. I saw these were RS-485 thermostats, and these can be connected to HomeSeer using a separate serial port. There is a plugin available in the Updater.
          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

The security devices are not relays or flags - not sure exactly what they are INSIDE Stargate... The Caddx panels deliver this information to Stargate via an RS232 connection from the Caddx box to one of Stargate's com ports. If it's of any help there's a PDF about this at JDStechnologies.com - link to "application notes" in left frame, then look for caddx.pdf. Hopefully there's something useful there that will help.

Comment

RJ, as AJ mentioned above, the Technote from the JDS web site is something you may want to look at.
              I would presume that the firmware in the Stargate has the Caddx protocol 'stuff' hard coded into it.
              The security interfacing is kind of an enigma in that I have never heard from anyone how the Stargate actually handles the functionality between itself and the Caddx. David Crawford most likely has a good grasp on the Caddx protocol since he has written a Plug-In for the Caddx.

From my Stargate WinEvm here are a few screen shots of the Caddx config and usage:

First, configure the Caddx on a com port. The 'Caddx NetworkX' is the only alarm panel supported from the pulldown.

Second pic is functions available from an 'IF' statement:

The third pic is functions available from the subsequent 'Then' statement in the schedule.

Have fun agent J and good luck!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys-

I looked at the technote, but unfortunately this does not document the protocol to communicate with CADDX through Stargate. If anyone has access to this document, please either post it here or forward it to RJ[at]homeseer.com. In the meantime, we are contacting Stargate for more info on this communcation protocal, but the status is basically on "Hold" right now.
                -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                  Hi Guys-

I looked at the technote, but unfortunately this does not document the protocol to communicate with CADDX through Stargate. If anyone has access to this document, please either post it here or forward it to RJ[at]homeseer.com. In the meantime, we are contacting Stargate for more info on this communcation protocal, but the status is basically on "Hold" right now.
                  Here ya go!
                  Good luck with JDS. I know Jeff is a very helpful guy but as I stated elsewhere, IIRC some of the code/specs are only in someone's head.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps Glen can help.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I am using beta 9, did a import with overwrite existing devices and have the following:
                      Analog devices disappeared except for one.
                      Digital devices imported as wrong device type with one being represented as an analog device. Also, check out how some of my flags are reprersented: The 'increment' stuff looks pretty cool - maybe those are for variables? Devices still do not update (never have but maybe that is me) in the status web window when they change. I can trip one my PIR's or change the state of X10 devices and their status does not change. I tried various polling rates between 1 to 10 seconds.
                      Here are some snips from my logs and screen shots:

/7/2006 11:30:09 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: JDS StarGate on COM port 2
                      8/7/2006 11:30:09 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in InitIO: The given file path ends with a directory separator character.Parameter name: destinationFileName
                      8/7/2006 11:30:09 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in JDS StarGate
                      8/7/2006 11:30:18 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Polling Stargate loop started at 8/7/2006 11:30:18 AM

(Looks like we are polling the Stargate)

(I nuked the 'sample.mdb' file, restarted HS and re-imported

8/7/2006 11:35:23 AM ~!~Info~!~Loading device types file...
                      8/7/2006 11:35:23 AM ~!~Warning~!~Cannot load configuration, file is missing: E:\HomeSeer2\config\sample.mdb (File will be created)
                      8/7/2006 11:35:23 AM ~!~Info~!~HomeSeer version is: 2.1.104.0
                      8/7/2006 11:35:25 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Created new database E:\HomeSeer2\config\sample.mdb

(looks good so far)

8/7/2006 11:35:25 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Event _PhoneEvent_
                      8/7/2006 11:35:25 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing infrared interface JDS IRXpander
                      8/7/2006 11:35:26 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: JDS StarGate on COM port 2
                      8/7/2006 11:35:26 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in InitIO: The given file path ends with a directory separator character.Parameter name: destinationFileName
                      8/7/2006 11:35:26 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in JDS StarGate

(The StarGate file path error remains)

8/7/2006 11:37:04 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device CompRoomFan
                      8/7/2006 11:37:04 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device MasterBedTorch
                      8/7/2006 11:37:04 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Import of 200 devices completed
                      143 devices created
                      57 devices updated
                      8/7/2006 11:37:04 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device MasterBedCeiling
                      8/7/2006 11:37:04 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device CompRmCeiling
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device CompRmTorch
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device Cat Room Ceiling
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device LavaLights
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Digital 41 (JDS N/A) Changed to OFF
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Digital 42 (JDS N/A) Changed to OFF
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Digital 43 (JDS N/A) Changed to ON
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Digital 44 (JDS N/A) Changed to ON
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Digital 45 (JDS N/A) Changed to ON
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Digital 46 (JDS N/A) Changed to ON
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Digital 47 (JDS N/A) Changed to ON
                      8/7/2006 11:37:05 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Digital 48 (JDS N/A) Changed to ON

Re-import finished. A bunch of un-named digital devices changed yet I only have 16 digital devices.

8/7/2006 11:37:25 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Load variable 31 (JDS VCR Record) with 0

'JDS VCR Record' is a Relay output that triggers the alarm input for my time lapse VCR for my cameras.

Please reference the attached pics for web interface screen shots.

SG Digital devicd with a value of '74'? Cool looking Flag control but I don't think Flags support analog operators.

Image 1

PIR 16 was off when I snapped this screen shot.

Image 2

Whew! Have fun!

I removed the in-line images because Photobucket was SLOOOOW.
                      Last edited by ; August 7, 2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

KLS-

Can you try this again, but this time, "nuke" both the config file and the JDS.ini file in your HomeSeer config folder.

I tried an import with the same files, and all seems good here. I do need to look at the no name bug- you know how it goes, fix one problem and create another....
                        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                          KLS-

Can you try this again, but this time, "nuke" both the config file and the JDS.ini file in your HomeSeer config folder.

I tried an import with the same files, and all seems good here. I do need to look at the no name bug- you know how it goes, fix one problem and create another....
                          Ok RJ that worked great!
                          It looks as though all of my selected imported devices are represented correctly.
                          Also, there was some misconception on my part. I was used to HS 1.7 where the web interface refreshed automatically. I created an event to trigger on the condition of my PIR16 changing to off and it worked! In fact it worked immediately! Is there a setting in HS 2.x where I can set the web interface to refresh automatically at some interval? This would be especially beneficial when hitting the web server remotely and controlling devices.

I have a bunch of testing and event re-writes to do but I'm thinking you/us/we are well on our way!

I have a question with the IR Expander: Will we be able to at least import the IR sequences into our device database or trigger/act upon them via using their labels? I don't mean actually importing the IR sequences themselves into HS but rather using their SG label actuate them from HS events.

At least we could trigger IR outputs via HS events.
                          Not to get greedy here but thought I would ask.
                          Also, howzit going with the security stuff? I don't know how obtainable full access to the Stargate/Caddx security functions is and I can use flags to pass security states to HS if needed.

Anyhew....this is looking very good Agent J! Thank you for your efforts.

Comment

Glad to hear the import was now successful.

To refresh the page automatically, change the setting "Auto Refresh" on the web server configuration page.

For IR labels, I'm not sure what you mean. Does this mean importing from the JDS database or HomeSeer 1.7? To import your 1.7 IR config, follow this procedure:

To restore IR settings from 1.7:HomeSeer should read from the irlbl.cfg file and import old IR settings.<O</O

Also take a look at the IRXpander plugin. Don't know what the functionality is there, but it might give you some help with this.

As far as security, no go so far. I have the Caddx protocol, but I need the stuff the Stargate will send out to HomeSeer. I have no idea how this worked in the old plugin, as I see no code to handle it. I think Rich had a contact, but we have not heard back from them yet.
                            -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

How about a &quot;Cookbook&quot;?

Things are definitely looking up, "Agent J". Good work! I tried to just download and install your Beta release. HS complained about two plugins. Tried to delete old and new SG stuff and download again. Must have deleted something I should not have. Anyway, assorted errors popped up so I just restored my partition to its "before" image.

It would be nice to have a step-by-step "cookbook" for how one can easily migrate from an installed ***30 plugin to your new, spiffy version. (and another if there will be future problems with an automatic download and install of your next upgrade). Thanks.

Comment

Nice &quot;CookBook&quot;

Well done as usual, "Agent J"!

All went smoothly except for the following error:

09-Aug-06 10:28:59 JDS StarGate Stargate plugin version 2.1.0
                                09-Aug-06 10:28:59 JDS StarGate Attempting contact with JDS hardware
                                09-Aug-06 10:28:59 JDS StarGate Error in global Init/Comms: Unknown hardware: ###0380###0380
                                09-Aug-06 10:28:59 JDS StarGate Done Initializing Global Settings
                                09-Aug-06 10:28:59 Info Finished initializing plug-in JDS StarGate

Any idea what this means (and how to correct it)? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X