This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pierre,

This is proably just that the Security device changes aren't logged. Is the status refreshing? I.e., can you trigger an event on this? If not, please post a debug log of changing a security zone so I can see what is going on.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hey RJ, you are right they are not logged, but doing a screen refresh they are updated!
      Events can also be triggered by value change to "faulted".
      Thanks

Now, I wish they would be logged, as other devices. :-))
      Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

I just realized that when importing security devices from SG, the first device is not created.

Also, this is wierd, the second device is created with the code #2 ...
        Maybe the device is created but not aparent ?

I have tried to change the letter code in jds.ini to a new sign, same behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre
          I just realized that when importing security devices from SG, the first device is not created.
          I have the same problem - I'm missing the #1 security device.

Mark
          Mark

Comment

JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:49:12 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:49:12 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Remote Speaker Client disconnected from 127.0.0.1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:49:13 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speaker client connected from: 127.0.0.1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:49:16 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Speaker Client speech recognition stopped</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:49:46 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speaker host added, Name: Charon IP address: 127.0.0.1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:51:47 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:51:48 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:51:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:54:12 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:54:14 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:55:59 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:56:00 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:56:01 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:59:12 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc:, Incorrect function.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 5:59:13 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error in CommThreadProc: Shutting down plugin after 10 tries

Comment

Hi Guys-

For the security devices: Make sure you have the latest build (11d I think) and then do a re-import. If you are still having trouble, you may need to delete the Security devices in HomeSeer and then Import them.

Charles-

I have never seen this error before. Are you running the latest version from the beginning of this thread? If you have any other information you could give me about your setup, or when or why this occurs, it would definitely help me out.
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

JDS Phone Error

I'm not sure if this belongs in the beta thread but since I am running a beta version of the plugin......

I have HS phone installed but do NOT have it running nor do I have it start with HomeSeer.
                I am using the WAFNetCallerID plugin also.
                Whenever I receive an incoming phone call I see this error in the log:

9/2/2006 3:37:23 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~ERROR : Unknown phone event :: f31

Now, I don't know where it comes from I.E. is it a setting on my HS end?
                Is there some device that I imported from SG that is doing this?
                Have aliens tuned into my computer systems AGAIN?

If anyone has any idea please let me know.

Comment

StarGate Phone Subsystem

Troops, at the risk of sounding pedantic, I remind you all that the JDS Techologies IVR Daughter Board is end-of-life. Jeff told me personally that he does not plan to re-engineer it or an equivalent. That the web is the way to go. I could not agree more. The sooner everyone recognizes that SG Phone is a dead product and moves on, the better for us all (and HS can remove all that useless code and wasted space in the configuration page on the current SG Beta Plugin). Were I the Top Management of HomeSeer Technologies, Ltd. I would just advise all SG Plugin Users that no further support for the SG Phone Subsystem will be provided. Why spend money on a slice of yesterday's technology which will surely be dead and buried soon?

Just my ten cents!

Comment

Originally posted by Cairndhu1
                    Troops, at the risk of sounding pedantic, I remind you all that the JDS Techologies IVR Daughter Board is end-of-life. Jeff told me personally that he does not plan to re-engineer it or an equivalent. That the web is the way to go. I could not agree more. The sooner everyone recognizes that SG Phone is a dead product and moves on, the better for us all (and HS can remove all that useless code and wasted space in the configuration page on the current SG Beta Plugin). Were I the Top Management of HomeSeer Technologies, Ltd. I would just advise all SG Plugin Users that no further support for the SG Phone Subsystem will be provided. Why spend money on a slice of yesterday's technology which will surely be dead and buried soon?

Just my ten cents!
                    Actually that was more like 11.209234 cents!

Actually I agree with you for the most part. If the Way2Call modem wasn't $350.00 freaking dollars I would be using it now and sell my IVR daughter board.
                    Until then all I ask is what is this error:

9/2/2006 3:37:23 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~ERROR : Unknown phone event :: f31

BTW, what brought this up to the surface? I don't see any other posts in this thread that really relate to the SG phone stuff and from what I have seen in this forum, I don't remember anyone making any points about the HS Stargate plugin phone support pro or con.

I agree that the SG phone support for some is the end all for their phone systems and at one time it was unbeatable. As it stands now there are phone control systems that are far superior to the SG phone stuff, the HS phone stuff is one of them IF they get all of the bugs worked out?<o></o>
                    <o></o>

Are you suggesting HS drop all support of the SG phone stuff from the plugin?

Comment

Suggestions are just that: Suggestions

To paraphrase my earlier statement, were I HS Top Management, I would advise all SG Users that bug fixes for the Phone protion of the SG Plugin will be considered on a best effort basis through DD-MMM-YY and that after that no further support will be provided. After, all damn few of us are paying anything for the herculean efforts of "Agent J"! (and, contrary to the desires of many, there is no such thing as a free lunch!) "So let it be written, so shall it be (hopefully, and sooner than later) done! "Whitey"

Comment

Originally posted by Cairndhu1
                        To paraphrase my earlier statement, were I HS Top Management, I would advise all SG Users that bug fixes for the Phone protion of the SG Plugin will be considered on a best effort basis through DD-MMM-YY and that after that no further support will be provided. After, all damn few of us are paying anything for the herculean efforts of "Agent J"! (and, contrary to the desires of many, there is no such thing as a free lunch!) "So let it be written, so shall it be (hopefully, and sooner than later) done! "Whitey"
                        Whitey - your suggestion that HS drop all SG phone support may have merit but will have to be a business decision made by Homeseer.
                        As for the money, it is without a doubt that eventually HS will charge for a finished product in the plugin. That again will be their business decision. Their decisions however should not prohibit you from sending HS money anytime you want.

Oh BTW, today I DID have a free lunch - my in-laws bought me and my wife lunch so for me it was free.

Comment

Support HS! It makes good sense and it's only fair!

I agree with your comments and have acted accordingly. I did this, admittedly, not only in my best interest (which is substantial) but also in the interest of furthering one of the best ideas (i.e., the successful coupling of HS & SG) that I have seen come down the Home Automation highway in some time.

Have a great holiday weekend! "Whitey"

BTW: A "Free Lunch", especially from inlaws, can have unpleasant consequences. May you not have any such problems.

Comment

Error in CommThreadProc:,

RJ

Thanks

Charles

<O
                            <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:49:59 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Settings Loaded.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:49:59 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Loading configuration file ...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:00 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Loading device types file...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:00 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Database </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Opening up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\config\homeseer.mdb</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:03 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Loading Devices...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:03 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Load Config </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>262 total devices loaded.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:03 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Load Config </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Checking device type settings for all devices...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:03 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Load Config </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Finished checking device type settings.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:03 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Load Config </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Loading Events...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:03 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Load Config </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>12 total events loaded.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:04 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Loading TV Timers...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:04 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Database </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>HomeSeer configuration database C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\config\homeseer.mdb has been closed.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:04 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>HomeSeer version is: 2.1.102.0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:04 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Checking for available plug-ins</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:04 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: Insteon, version: 0.0.1.4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:04 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: iTunes, version: 2.1.2319.32697</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: SmartHome PowerLinc USB, version: 1.0.0.7</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: JDS StarGate, version: 2.1.2431.14686</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: Media Player, version: 2.0.0.12</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Restoring device status</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing Plug-Ins</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing X10 Plug-in: JDS StarGate On COM Port 4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing Plug-in: JDS StarGate</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing Global Settings</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Current debug events set: </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:05 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Stargate plugin version 2.1.0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:06 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Attempting contact with JDS hardware</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:06 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found hardware type: JDS StarGate Lite</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:07 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Done Initializing Global Settings</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:07 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Finished initializing X10 interface JDS StarGate</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:07 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Finished initializing infrared interface </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:07 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing Plug-in: JDS StarGate on COM port 4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:07 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Finished initializing plug-in JDS StarGate</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:08 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Local IP address is: 192.168.0.181/24</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:08 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Web Server started on port 80</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:08 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing text to speech</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:08 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Listening for remote speaker connections on port 8742</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:08 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Start remoting</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:08 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Start event processing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:08 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>This version of HomeSeer is not registered and is running as a trial, 19 days remaining.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Scripting is OK</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Finished initializing scripting</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Starting scheduler</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Start up complete.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Web Server authorized local login successful from: 127.0.0.1 User: kilroy</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Speaker client connected from: 127.0.0.1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:16 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speaker host added, Name: Charon IP address: 127.0.0.1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:17 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Polling Stargate loop started at 9/2/2006 8:50:17 PM</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:50:44 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device: 2nd Floor Office Office Main Ligh (I5) OFF</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:51:02 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:52:02 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:53:02 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:53:02 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [13 (JDS Up HVAC Day Ho)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:53:02 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Load variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day) with 0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:53:33 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Digital _13 (JDS Garage Dr 1) Changed to ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:53:33 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Digital _14 (JDS Garage Dr 2) Changed to ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:53:33 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Digital _16 (JDS Up HVAC) Changed to ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:54:02 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:56:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Digital _16 (JDS Up HVAC) Changed to OFF</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:57:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:58:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 8:59:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 9:00:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 9:01:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 9:02:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/2/2006 9:03:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>JDS StarGate </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Increment variable [11 (JDS Up HVAC Day)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Security devices, first device is missing

I have deleted my security devices, and recreated them.
                              Since the first device is created with code #2, I have even tried to recreate them with another housecode with same result..............

Comment

Some thoughts for Whitey

I thought since others have put their two cents I will add to the pile. What doesn't seem clear is how you can overlook that the established SG owner is a worthwhile target for HS and that there are significant rewards from tapping that market. SG users for the most part are an established base of Home automaters that are bent on trying new things (early adopters). This type of customer is an exellent add to any customer profile and are worth more than the typical client that is more likely to buy Home automation products and put them aside.

Unfortunately for Jeff (SG man) he has not realized that his client base is frustrated with the development slowdown and the closed source approach he has taken in the last few years (no communications protocols for webex, homerunner, pocket webex), this brings a great opportunity for forward thinkers like the folks at HS. SG users will seek open source solutions but they will not consider a windows box a good central automation platform. The reliability is just not there for mission critical items. (yes, I am a MAC user, I don't enjoy formatting drives, reinstalling software, messing with the registry or rebooting computers)

All that said, the SG user is a good candidate to buy products like HS, but they are unlikely to replace those products with a PC platform. I don't believe that the replacement for SG is HS, instead I believe products like HAI OMNI and others that are arriving as we speak are more likely replacements due to their non PC platform. If HS charges for the SG plugin it will only cause the SG users to consider alternatives that are priced reasonably close and I think that would be a grave error for HS. Instead HS should advertise their free SG plugin as the best solution to integrate the breath of technologies and a unique opportunity to convince the current SG users not to buy WEBEX, or Home Runner but instead to buy HS with the SG plug-in, Maestro or Main Lobby ( to get the homerunner functionality) and the only loss those SG users will feel is connecting to pocket PC's which are not an optimum solution anyway.

SG is an established customer group of early adopters that understand the technology and are waiting for the better mouse trap from a supplier that makes it available ion a value conscious way. Why segment off groups of clients because one doesn't want to support the voice board or any other technology that is available on SG.

Don't you think that if Jeff would provide a web server based on the existing webex platform that had significant EEPROM to store custom webpages and total flexabily was given to homerunner and Jeff would take the support for other interfaces broader, that there would be no market for HS to SG users?

The SG user gets to the HS user with an appetite for a solution to an appearantly small problem because he/she already has a working system and is seeking additional functionality. If that fuctionality comes at a high cost that SG user will consider the other options and may choose to walk away from SG for a product like HAI (I have two friends, old SG users that have made that transition, and also the transition to UPB) Both HS and SG loose.

That's my 5 cents...

Hope you had a good holiday..

Juan

Comment

Working...
                                X