Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw it in the updater, the most noticable update is the price : $59.95 !

Also the Config button for the interface is missing, so I cannot try to import !
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Interim Plugin Workaround

Troops, let's give "Agent J" a chance to correct problems in his recent Updater Plugin. In my case, I catalog each release by its "Modified Date". The most recent, and to my knowledge best to date, SG Plugin was "Modified" Tuesday, 29 August, 2006, 14:48:32. Known (to me) problems include: 1) inability to handle Flags > 99; 2) Inability to handle Variables > 99; 3) Inability to handle RS-485 Relay Xpanders. Otherwise, I have had great success with this version. It even includes a Config Button!

Just unzip the file, rename it from to HSPI_STARGATE.DLL, kill HS, replace your current DLL file, restart HS. Good Luck!

BTW: I am not so sure how to handle the related IL file.
      Attached Files

Comment

_timer14 and _timer5 and _timer7?

RJ-

I'm seeing another problem with the plugin. My Events page is filling up with events created by the plugin - _timer14 - dozens of them. And they don't go away. The event has no trigger and no action. It's like a blank event. But it's getting really annoying because I have to keep deleting them - again and again.

I also get other similar events created by the plugin - _timer5, _time7, and I think I've seen _timer3. What are all these for? And can I avoid them? If they are necessary, can the plugin delete them?

Mark
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S.
          RJ-

I'm seeing another problem with the plugin. My Events page is filling up with events created by the plugin - _timer14 - dozens of them. And they don't go away. The event has no trigger and no action. It's like a blank event. But it's getting really annoying because I have to keep deleting them - again and again.

I also get other similar events created by the plugin - _timer5, _time7, and I think I've seen _timer3. What are all these for? And can I avoid them? If they are necessary, can the plugin delete them?

Mark
          Mark, I had the same problem. It seems some of my timers that were imported were creating events each time they either timed out or were re-loaded. (I don't know which)
          I had to delete the actual timer device from the status window to get rid of them. I am pretty sure that because of this I cannot use my SG timers in my HS code.

Comment

This whole process is beginning to be frustrating. 200 for the software that you have to by plugins for, seems this is going to be an awfully expensive endeavor.

On another note, how do I do trigger sequence? Say I receive two ir commands in a row then do something? Or two x10 in a sequence? Really simple in starglish, but not possible in homeseer?

Comment

I am going to go ahead and pay for the plugin and software, but if I can't get these simple things to work with out heavy work, then I am going to dump it and get my dough back.

Comment

See Post #182 Just a Couple Entries Below This One

Try the 29-AUG-06 Version of the Plugin. I leave Timers and IR with SG so cannot comment of this version's ability (or lack thereof) to handle that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairndhu1
                  Try the 29-AUG-06 Version of the Plugin. I leave Timers and IR with SG so cannot comment of this version's ability (or lack thereof) to handle that stuff.
                  Doesn't work. Updated to new version, now have to pay and have to wait for the code to be emailed. This process is frustrating me. So for my hs to sg doesn't work at all

Comment

Got the code, and the relays still are not functional.

Comment

What "Modified" Date is the Plugin?

Originally posted by mattdb
                      Doesn't work. Updated to new version, now have to pay and have to wait for the code to be emailed. This process is frustrating me. So for my hs to sg doesn't work at all
                      29-AUG-06 works well for me. Are you sure that's the date of your Plugin?

Comment

Only Relays on Motherboard and IO Xpanders

should work through 40. 41 and up are the Xpander. So far they do not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairndhu1
                          should work through 40. 41 and up are the Xpander. So far they do not work.
                          None of the relays on my motherboard will trip

Comment

Well thought I would move on to something else. My two RCS TR15 RS485 devices. Well they didn't show up under devices and don't seem to be supported either.

Is there any status to this?

Decided to check out the voicemail/phone functions. Found out you have to pay too.

How much are you guys investing in this setup? This is a lot of money just to replace the IVR board.

Sorry to rant, but this process is getting the best of me,
                            Last edited by mattdb; September 10, 2006, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdb
                              Well thought I would move on to something else. My two RCS TR15 RS485 devices. Well they didn't show up under devices and don't seem to be supported either.

Is there any status to this?
                              Matt - I'm pretty sure HS will not support thermostats through the SG plugin since they already have a plug in for those t-stats.
                              Yea I know - more dough...

Comment

Originally posted by KLS
                                Matt - I'm pretty sure HS will not support thermostats through the SG plugin since they already have a plug in for those t-stats.
                                Yea I know - more dough...
                                Well how do I connect those to my PC when all the comports on my pc are being used?

RS485 hub, then rs485 -rs232 converter, then buy some more software? WOW.

Also for the new poeple out there reading this thread, please note that you can't return downloaded purchased software according to their site, so be sure you want to go down this road. So if you are still testing the software after the 30 days you are screwed.

Seems I have leaped before I looked.

Comment

Working...
                                X