This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back on topic....

I can't get stargate to read any flag changes by homeseer either. I just reupped my firmware to 3087 (no to 4.0 due to IVR board).

I can send you what ever you need when ever you need it in whatever format you want. Shoot, I can even punch a whole in firewall if you want to play around or look.

Matt

PS: Thanks for the support, but sure seems like there is along way to go.

PSS: How on earth do you doa sequence in HS? Say if X10 A1 ON is pressed twice in a row, or if an ir command is pressed twice or say 1 then 0 on ir input?

I have come up with a solution that uses flags with stargate, but I really shouldn't have to do that with a 200+ software application.

PSSS: Is there a heavy duty syntax manual anywhere in pdf format or? Something besides the web. Want to print one out.

Comment

Hummm! Heavy Duty Syntax Manual?

You have to be kidding! Anyway, send me a phone number & I'll "Skype" you back (it's free so we can talk as long as we have breath). I only work two days (MON & TUE) per week so my five day weekend starts WED. We could talk then. Cheers (and good luck), Whitey!

Comment

Originally posted by Cairndhu1
        What about a working Plugin which supports Flags > 99? I have been a super supporter of your work "Agent J" (and have paid a bunch extra to HS besides to prove that I support HS' work on our Plugin! After all, business is business!). If I had not the ability to Ghost my HS Partitions before I try some of your fractured updates (try the one that cannot even intiialize Stargate), I would be up the proverbial #$%*^(&^*$&# creek! What we are getting is unacceptable in the extreme! Stop reacting! Slow Down! Think! Post bug-free updates to me if you want verification! Let me test them! I will do so quickly! I will post details to you privately. Get a life! Straighten up! You release Plugins (and Heaven Forbid, but you put that buggy crap in the Updater!) that go two steps forward and three steps back. To say that I am diaappointed and displeased is the understatement of this century! With disgust and extreme disappointment, I remain:

@#$%^&)*_()(^ "Whitey"!
        Somebody's cranky this evening!

Hang in there Whitey, we are still beta testing and must remember that.
        In addition, until you can verify that a particular functionality is rock solid, if I were you, I would not write too much code that depends on that functionality.
        As Agent 'J' stated, he was not the original author of the plugin or of the SG code. I do know that there are a ton of "nooks and crannies" in both sets of code so as we go through our development cycle, we are bound to fix things while breaking others. Now, from what I have seen over the last two months, the functionality that Agent 'J' has added or fixed is substantially more than we saw over the past three years alone.
        Chill, be very specific with problems you are having, share with us, don't worry, be happy.

Comment

I stand by my analysis. The reasoning and events behind them are confidential. Try terminating a couple hundred people and adversely affecting the lives of hundreds more. Building a Company is fraught with peril. Truth may be unpleasant but it remains truth. Have a nice day!
          You "terminated" a couple hundred people?!

Isn't that illegal?

Comment

The Correct Phrase is "Released"

I should have said "Released" not "Terminated". In any event, I had quite a few sleepless nights. Nonetheless, it was either that or see the Company go under. Not at all fun, believe you me.

Comment

I should have said "Released" not "Terminated". In any event, I had quite a few sleepless nights. Nonetheless, it was either that or see the Company go under. Not at all fun, believe you me.
              Can you please explain further?
              You FIRED people because your flag count is limited to 99 flags.

Comment

I was going to give this thing one last try. Wiped all my devices, removed the old dll from the HS directory. I left my ini file inplace because I would like to have the plugin use the same device codes to establish the devices on import to prevent the total trash of my scripts and events. I think the plugin should work this way or it is useless.

I got the new version from the updater and was met with the lovely message in the log about the plugin will not initialize because of a liscence requirement.
                What, no trial period? I looked for the codes.

Comment

For anyone that needs a trial license, here you go:

License ID: 21613
                  Password: trial
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Stable Plugin from 29-AUG-06

I suggest you try Plugin 29AUG06 (cf. Zip file in Post 182). Though it needs more work (to handle Flags or variables > 99 for instance), it is stable, even has a config button, and most likely will not complain about a missing license. Good Luck!

Comment

Employees Should be "Released" never "Fired"

Just to clear things up (since someone asked), the incident referenced in posts below had nothing to do with Flags or HS.

Comment

I suggest you try Plugin 29AUG06 (cf. Zip file in Post 182). Though it needs more work (to handle Flags or variables > 99 for instance), it is stable, even has a config button, and most likely will not complain about a missing license. Good Luck!
                        This version doesn't work for me. Nor does the newer one. I can do X10 commands but no flags or relays.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattdb
                          Well I figured a way to do what I wanted to trip a relay based on IR input using flags and multiple events. Now the issue I am having is that sometimes the stargate will respond and other times it will not. I am setting a flag in stargate from HS to activate. The flag gets set some times and some times not. Any ideas?
                          I would suggest this:
                          In the SG event that receives the flag change, set the flag back to zero immediatly.
                          Stargate will only react to a change, so if your flag has been already set to a certain value, you won't be able to trigger the same, unless you have reset the variable.

I am using a value for most of my traffic between HS and SG,
                          Set to 1, do this
                          Set to 2 do that
                          etc
                          and I reset the variable to zero after each change.
                          I have anoter variable from SG yo HS, and another one for messages.

Hope this helps

Pierre
                          Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre
                            I would suggest this:
                            In the SG event that receives the flag change, set the flag back to zero immediatly.
                            Stargate will only react to a change, so if your flag has been already set to a certain value, you won't be able to trigger the same, unless you have reset the variable.

I am using a value for most of my traffic between HS and SG,
                            Set to 1, do this
                            Set to 2 do that
                            etc
                            and I reset the variable to zero after each change.
                            I have anoter variable from SG yo HS, and another one for messages.

Hope this helps

Pierre

I am doing just that. As soon as the flag gets set by homeseer, sg does it's stuff (well it would if it saw the flag get set) then resets the flag.

Comment

Hi Guys-

I have gotten a few fixes into the plugin, the variables are squared away, and I am testing the > 99 flags now.

Matt-

I think in an earlier post, you said you sent me some info about your relay troubles. I'm not seeing this in my inbox, did you send it to rj [at] homeseer.com ?

Motherboard relays are one thing we can test, and they are working here OK.

As to a sequence of actions for a trigger, this can be done like so. Create a virtual device in HomeSeer, like "Trigger Part 2". Have an event that triggers on the first item of the sequence, that will set this to "On". The second event will trigger if "Trigger part 2" is on, as well as the second part of the sequence is seen. Include an action in this event to set "Trigger Part 2" to off.

Matt, PM me if you would like me to send you another build to test. The updater has been "Frozen" for now, so I won't put anything new in there for a bit until we get some more issues working for sure.

Pierre-

Are you still seeing the config button problem? On my end it is here, using the plugin for I/O only. If you still cannot see it, let me know which interfaces you are using.
                              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ

Are you still seeing the config button problem? On my end it is here, using the plugin for I/O only. If you still cannot see it, let me know which interfaces you are using.
                                Jeff,
                                After having the config button problem, I reverted to last free update 2.1.2443.25577, waiting for confirmation that the plugin became one of the most expensive, even before having the basic features all working.
                                I really thought this was a mistake when putting the beta in the updater, but it now seems to be meaned this way.
                                I have to think about it.
                                Latest release 2.1.2443.25577 I had before was completly working except for importing #1 security device.
                                Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Working...
                                X