This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upstatemike
    If the serial protocol is so hard to work with making RS485 device support impractical, I'm just curious why the plugin is even using the serial connection? JDS themselves connect through the web expander for all new products such as HomeRunner and we know all the data and control stuff is available that way because you can access a web expander with any browser. Wouldn't this be a simpler portal for a Stargate plugin to use and one that already supports thermostats etc?
    Your idea has some good reasonings behind it. If a user had the Web Expander they could access everything. This of course would require a re-write of the plugin or a completely new plugin. Probably a new plugin since if a SG owner didn't have the Web Expander then they are sol.
    Therefore, does HS create two plugins? If they only have one plugin and it uses the web expander than those that are concerned about the $59.95 price of the SG plugin will really have a gripe when they see the cost of the Web Expander at $300.00+!

Also, will JDS give HS ALL of the Web Expander protocol? I wonder since this HS/Web Expander combination will directly compete with the JDS HomeRunner.

Comment

HS is talking about freezing the feature set of the existing plug-in. So make that the free one for legacy users and make the new web expander version the full featured, fully supported, paid one.

Comment

Hi Guys-

The protocol is full featurued, I was just having some trouble getting it from RCS in earlier development.

Why rewrite the entire Coms section when it still works? The RS485 stuff isnt a lack of protocol docs, it's just a bit more of a "we don't want to implement this" right now. As I have said before, we might support it in the future, but for now we will not.

I have just posted a new build that should resolve a lot of the issues some users were seeing to the updater. I still need to know if there are bugs with this, so keep posting!

Latest Version is 2.1.2446.24614.
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Thank you - I have joined the club!

PROBLEM #1:
          I have installed HS 2.1 and the plug-in and everything is looking great so far except for messages such as:

InDelayTrigger, Event: ___timer`4 does not exist

Since I do not use timers in Homeseer, I won't let these bother me.

I can simply delete all my timer devices and these messages should go away, correct?

PROBLEM #2:
          Another problem I've noticed. Manually setting 8CUR relays in Homeseer's status web page doesn't affect the relays, although they show up as having been turned on/off. Also I have 3 expanders and only 2 of them are showing up. So the plug-in isn't perfect yet! :-)

PROBLEM/QUESTION #3:
          I'm assuming all the script commands for the plug-in are the same. Since the documentation is not updated, I assume there isn't any documentation for them now except for the old documentation?

SUMMARY:
          Kudos to RJ for an excellent plug-in. I really like HS 2.1 so far and I'm excited to re-create all my events (I started with a clean install to avoid problems, so I have to rewrite my events.).

Security events are a blast! And the X10 shows up in the log perfectly! And no more of those M code phantom X10 events in the log!

Great work. Well worth the $59.95 so far.
          Last edited by timlacey; September 18, 2006, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Security devices don't work for me

I have Security devices imported, but they don't seem to do anything. They imported with the correct zone name, type is SG Security, # housecodes. But they have no value, no status, they won't trigger an event - nada. When I fault a zone, nothing shows up in HS. Can someone who has them working please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

According to the device properties, my Security Devices imported as an "Interface Variable", rather than a "Digital Input'. Is this correct?

Is there some setting in SG that I'm supposed to have?

Maybe something isn't set right in my Caddx? What are your settings in Caddx (i.e., the bits that are turned on/off)?

Mark
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey
              PROBLEM #1:
              InDelayTrigger, Event: ___timer`4 does not exist
              I have the same errors. I also have timer events created that don't go away - see post #183 above. I'd rather not delete the timers because I may use them eventually. RJ?

PROBLEM #2:
              Manually setting 8CUR relays in Homeseer's status web page doesn't affect the relays, although they show up as having been turned on/off. Also I have 3 expanders and only 2 of them are showing up. So the plug-in isn't perfect yet! :-)
              I believe it was stated somewhere that the 8CUR will not be supported since it is an obsolete RCS product - or maybe it worked, but only with polling?

PROBLEM/QUESTION #3:
              I'm assuming all the script commands for the plug-in are the same. Since the documentation is not updated, I assume there isn't any documentation for them now except for the old documentation?
              I assume so also.

SUMMARY:
              I really like HS 2.1 so far and I'm excited to re-create all my events (I started with a clean install to avoid problems, so I have to rewrite my events.).
              Looking forward to re-creating your events? What kind of demented, sadistic, loonatic are you? I just finished tonight doing the same thing - complete rebuild from scratch. I took me about two weeks, on and off.

Security events are a blast! And the X10 shows up in the log perfectly! And no more of those M code phantom X10 events in the log!
              As posted just above, I can't get Security devices to work. I still have the phantom M housecode stuff.

Mark
              Mark

Comment

Break the thread?

Can I suggest ending this thread and starting to spread these conversations out by topic. As I'm trying to find my JDS plug-in issues in the forum I keep finding myself coming back to this 13 page thread and having to wade through it for the parts of the conversation that fit together. Don't get me wrong - I love every detail and appreciate all the contributions. But I'd like to be able to take it one topic at a time.

GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S.
                  I have Security devices imported, but they don't seem to do anything. They imported with the correct zone name, type is SG Security, # housecodes. But they have no value, no status, they won't trigger an event - nada. When I fault a zone, nothing shows up in HS. Can someone who has them working please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

According to the device properties, my Security Devices imported as an "Interface Variable", rather than a "Digital Input'. Is this correct?

Is there some setting in SG that I'm supposed to have?

Maybe something isn't set right in my Caddx? What are your settings in Caddx (i.e., the bits that are turned on/off)?

Mark
                  Have you checked in Winevm/define/security that the zones are checked to be logged by winevm ???
                  Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

GGG: Good idea! This all-encompassing thread is fine for those who follow it daily, but it would be much more useful for new users if each topic were isolated into its own tread.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hi Guys-

Those who are having the timer issue, can you create a sequence of things that will reproduce this? Also, do you have "Display Timers" checked on the config page? Also, do you have any timers set to not log?

I am working on this, don't worry, should have a fix by Saturday at the latest.

RJ
                      Last edited by RJ; September 19, 2006, 05:09 PM.
                      -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre
                        Have you checked in Winevm/define/security that the zones are checked to be logged by winevm ???
                        Yes. In the WinEVM menu item Define...Security - "show in Megacontroller" is checked. Also, in Megacontroller, Security is checked under "Logging Messages". I can see the security events in Megacontroller, but HS is not seeing them for some reason.

I am on SG FW/SW 3.08.2.

Anybody have any other thoughts?

Could it be Caddx settings?

Mark
                        Mark

Comment

Hi Mark-

The best thing that I can think of would be to ensure the event trigger type. For example, a Zone might be Faulted, but also AlarmMem. If the state does not match the zone exactly, then the event will not be triggered.

In the case above, say you created an event to trigger on Zone 3 changed to Faulted. Zone 3 could be faulted, but if it also has the Alarm Mem flag set, then the event will not trigger. This would require a trigger on Alarm Mem only.
                          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S.
                            Yes. In the WinEVM menu item Define...Security - "show in Megacontroller" is checked. Also, in Megacontroller, Security is checked under "Logging Messages". I can see the security events in Megacontroller, but HS is not seeing them for some reason.

I am SG FW/SW 3.08.2.

Anybody have any other thoughts?

Could it be Caddx settings?

Mark
                            I am running SG firmware 3.09.6.
                            I used one of my window sensors to test an event.
                            The event trigger is as follows:

Current Trigger Type: Device Value Change

Device: JDS Bedroom Window (JDS is the ldefault location from the import - I haven't it changed yet and 'Bedroom Window' is the name of a device)

Becomes: Clear (I used both 'Clear' and 'Faulted' here and they both worked. I haven't tried out any of the other selections from this pull-down menu.)

Action: Just a 'Speak in Background' action.

This works fine - everytime I secure the zone HS speaks like it should. I need to note here that none of this security activity shows up in the HS log AND, I am using plugin beta 11D.

HTH
                            -Kevin

Comment

Humble Suggestion

Try using the Updater to get the latest and greatest post by "Agent J"

BTW: 11d is ancient history!

Comment

Originally posted by Cairndhu1
                                Try using the Updater to get the latest and greatest post by "Agent J"

BTW: 11d is ancient history!
                                Everything I need working is working - I think except for that "Unknown phone event :: f33" error I continue to see.

How long is the trial code good for since I don't want to spend the 60 bucks for a few weeks from now.

Comment

Working...
                                X