X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDS for HomeSeer 2.1 BETA

Hello all JDS users:

Attached to this post is the BETA 2.1 plugin. Please note that this plugin is STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT! I figured that the holiday weekend would be a good time to throw this out and see how it works.

Changes in this plugin from version 2.0.30 (this is a changing list, some things may be different in the latest build, so read the whole thing!):
    • Upgraded to use .NET 2.0 Framework. Like HomeSeer, the plugin now has better error-catching and stability features
    • All COMM work runs in its own thread, using an updated class as opposed to MSCOMM
    • Major Change: Import Devices has been modified to import correctly. This function will mirror your DBF files as far as the database is concerned.
    • Configuration Page has been re-coded into an ASPX web page. (No more config forms showing up behind the HomeSeer window!)
    • Various bug fixes, general code reduction, so the plugin should run faster.
    • Added full support for ASPX pages, fixed errors causing pages to give a "Server Error in '/' Application"
    • More changes for global variable management, globals are now loaded at init and saved in shutdown, rather than all over the plugin
    • Changed default status back to normal, but added a call to poll on plugin initialization
    • All windows forms are depreciated
    • General bug fixes, better Try/Catch documentation
    • Import has been changed to allow for import of Selected device types only, along with added ability to import Timers and Timelabels
    • Fixed an error with "CommitDeviceStatus" messages in log due to empty house codes
    • Fixed error of being "unable to open COM1"
    • Fixed stream of Error in CommThreadProc exceptions
    • Fixed Setting time on stargate to use HS API, as well as not crash the entire program
    • Fixed Shutdown procedure to not throw Thread Errors
    • Fixed Global House Code Management errors
    • Fixed Import functionality so that imporper indeces are handled correctly
    • Fixed TimeLabel import errors
    • Fixed Polling Issues
    • Fixed Error in SGLog Messages
    • Fixed Event handling
    • Fixed logging of status changes
    • Fixed calls to SetIO
    • Fixed Slow COMM issues
    • Re-Designed ASPX page to be more low-resolution compliant
    • Fixed issues with TimeCommander receiving wrong hardware type from Stargate
    • Fixes for ASPX page errors
    • Try/Catching on all ASPX pages
    • Fixed JDSDirectory errors on init (you may need to restart HomeSeer)
    • Fixed import issues in DBF Trim
    • Fixed more Import Issues
    • Fixed errors on Stargate IP not being detected
    • Removed Variables +/- 10 Buttons
    BETA BUILD 11
    Changes for this build:
    • Added support for Security Devices (finally! but status only)
    • Added support for 8CUR Relay devices, but these require polling of Relays
    • Added support for over 99 Variables and Flags
    • Multiple Devices on one Action work OK
    • SETIO does not produce errors
    • All Security Devices will import
    • Support for 8CUR status, but polling must be enabled!
    • Security Values Display OK
    • SetDeviceValue calls fixed
    • Fixed Security Event Handling
    • Fixed High value Variable Buttons
    ***ALL FURTHER UPDATES AVAILABLE VIA UPDATER***

LAST UPDATE POSTED ON 9/9/06

To use the plugin, shut down HomeSeer and extract the DLL into your HomeSeer directory. NOTE: THIS PLUGIN WILL ONLY WORK WITH VERSION 2.1 OR LATER OF HOMESEER! Version 2.1 has been officially released, and you can obtain it here: http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm

This plugin will probably not work on the first try, it is a work in progress! Please post any and all feedback in this thread so that I can get this plugin to some sort of release state next week, ALL FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

Fixed in latest updater package:
    * Make sure you remove the old "hspi_stargate.ocx" file in your HomeSeer Folder before trying the plugin

Happy testing!
    Last edited by RJ; September 9, 2006, 03:51 PM. Reason: New Build
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Originally posted by RJ
    Digital Inputs will default to "On" when homeseer starts, the default state on the Stargate.
    Whoa! Do we really want this? Can't the plugin poll or read the actually status of the DI's on startup? I'm imagining several of my HS events triggering after startup when HS sees my DI's on. Also SG and HS stati (is that plural?) will not agree. If a default is really necessary, I would think "Off" is better.

Mark
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S.
      Whoa! Do we really want this? Can't the plugin poll or read the actually status of the DI's on startup? I'm imagining several of my HS events triggering after startup when HS sees my DI's on. Also SG and HS stati (is that plural?) will not agree. If a default is really necessary, I would think "Off" is better.

Mark
      Wait a moment Mark, unless I am misreading you, the default state for my SG DI's is on.
      I have SG schedule events that are triggered by the DI changing state from on to off.
      I am wondering what types of events you are using in HS that trigger off the DI's on state.

Comment

Ok RJ, it looks it won't run on my system.

I un-zipped the dll into my HS directory. I presume this dll is supposed to work with the existing "hspi_stargate.ocx"?

I see several errors in the log upon startup of my HS 2.1.102.0 one of them stating there is a problem with two plug-ins:

The device filename and version is listed in the Plug-In Interfaces web page as:

HSPI_STARGATE.dll 2.0.2372.19201

6/30/2006 9:57:41 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS IRXpander, version: 2.1.2305.19627
        6/30/2006 9:57:41 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: SmartHome PowerLinc USB, version: 1.0.0.7
        6/30/2006 9:57:41 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS StarGate, version: 2.0.2372.19201
        6/30/2006 9:57:41 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS StarGate, version: 2.0.0.30
        6/30/2006 9:57:41 PM ~!~Error~!~Could not add JDS StarGate to the plug-in list. Is this a duplicate? Check for two plug-ins with the same plug-in name.
        I disabled the two instances in the interface setup page, one for the SG X10 and the other for the SG 'Other'.
        Re-started and the same errors in the log.

When I tried to hit the web configure page I get the following:

Server Error in '/' Application. <HR width="100%" color=silver SIZE=1>

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /JDS-Config.aspx

<HR width="100%" color=silver SIZE=1>Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

---

Is there anything I can do to help?

-Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KLS
          Wait a moment Mark, unless I am misreading you, the default state for my SG DI's is on.
          I have SG schedule events that are triggered by the DI changing state from on to off.
          I am wondering what types of events you are using in HS that trigger off the DI's on state.
          My point is - the default state of a DI depends on the application of the DI. For example, my garage doors are closed most of the time, therefore the reed switch is usually closed and therefore the SG DI is normally On. But the contact closure on my driveway sensor only closes when a car comes up the driveway, therefore that SG DI is normally Off. Another example - my front doorbell is normally Off and the DI goes On only when somebody rings it.

That's why I say that the plugin must poll the actual state of the DI on startup. If we default to On, HS will probably trigger my driveway events on startup/reboot. If we default to Off, HS will think my garage doors are open and yell at me every 10 minutes to close them.

I don't understand the need to default to one state. Let's default to the actual state.

Mark
          Mark

Comment

If you load this plugin, you need remove the hspi_stargate.ocx from your HS folder, otherwise you will have duplicate plugins. This dll takes the place of the old plugin.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S.
              My point is - the default state of a DI depends on the application of the DI. For example, my garage doors are closed most of the time, therefore the reed switch is usually closed and therefore the SG DI is normally On. But the contact closure on my driveway sensor only closes when a car comes up the driveway, therefore that SG DI is normally Off. Another example - my front doorbell is normally Off and the DI goes On only when somebody rings it.

That's why I say that the plugin must poll the actual state of the DI on startup. If we default to On, HS will probably trigger my driveway events on startup/reboot. If we default to Off, HS will think my garage doors are open and yell at me every 10 minutes to close them.

I don't understand the need to default to one state. Let's default to the actual state.

Mark
              Aw-so!
              I fully understand now and completely agree with you.
              I feel that is one reason it is imparative that the HS Stargate Plug-in updates the status of all Stargate devices FROM Stargate prior to acting on those status'.

Thanks Mark...

-Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
                If you load this plugin, you need remove the hspi_stargate.ocx from your HS folder, otherwise you will have duplicate plugins. This dll takes the place of the old plugin.
                Ok Rich, that worked!
                I still have the " Server Error in '/' Application. " error I listed in my last post when I try to config the plug-in.

Also, since I can't import my devices, they are being listed as they were from the last import prior to the latest plug-in build from you EXCEPT:

My Analog devices were listed as:
                State: Unknown
                Type: Virtual.1

Virtual

Flags:
                Their states appear to be correct but the actual flag name as configured in Stargate is not - just named as Flag1 through Flag32 etc.
                Flag type: All Virtual

Flags

Variables" Most of my Variables came through however, I only have about five of them configured. Their names are incorrect and listed as:
                Variable Names: Var1 through Var30

Variables

Errors:
                What fun would plug-in testing be without some errors. These are from the log as I navigated around through the status page and the interface pages.

Note however that the startup of HS was clean so as I stated, the removal of the old plug-in OCX worked.

Errors

I hope all of this helps Rich. Of course I also hope you are enjoying the long Fourth weekend with your family and friends too.

Thank you again for your speedy help with this.
                If you want me to try anything or submit a help desk ticket please let me know.

-Kevin

Comment

Kevin,

Just to let you know (and whoever else), you aren't alone. I had the same experience with the missing .aspx page. I had already tried deleting all the old stargate-related dll's & ocx files & then got the clean boot up, but still the missing page. I'm guessing something didn't get created(?) due to the presence of the old SG plugin - something like that ... actually I'm rambling & have no idea what I'm talking about (I admit this 'cause I'm afraid it shows).

Also have to agree with Mark about initial state of DI's. Mine are different depending on how they're being used.

-Andy

Comment

Ok, I am not sure why the ASPX page is not working. Until then, your devices will not be imported correctly, and I'm not sure how the plugin will manage them.

We can poll the stargate on startup, which apparently seems to be better than setting default status.

For anyone experiencing ASPX problems, are there any errors in your logs in the initialization of the plugin? The plugin extracts these files itself, and should write to the log if they are not being extracted.

EDIT:

Wait a minute: I figured it out! There are a few things to change, but I know what went wrong!
                    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Please see the first post in this thread to give the new build a try.

At this point, all critical issues appear to be resolved on my end, but please post any and all problems that are still present.
                      -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                        Please see the first post in this thread to give the new build a try.

At this point, all critical issues appear to be resolved on my end, but please post any and all problems that are still present.
                        RJ I installed the latest build - here we go:

I have SG connected to com 2 and the HS plug-in is configured to point to com 2. When I startup I get repeated errors and have to use task manager to shut HS down. I have my UPS monitoring application pointed to com 1. If I shut the UPS application down then I can get past these first errors:

7/4/2006 11:43:44 AM ~!~Database~!~HomeSeer configuration database E:\HomeSeer2\config\sample.mdb has been closed.
                        7/4/2006 11:43:45 AM ~!~Info~!~HomeSeer version is: 2.1.102.0
                        7/4/2006 11:43:45 AM ~!~Startup~!~Checking for available plug-ins
                        7/4/2006 11:43:45 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: AC RF Processor, version: 1.1.0.11
                        7/4/2006 11:43:46 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U, version: 1.0.2.0
                        7/4/2006 11:43:46 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: DooMotion, version: 2.0.0.117
                        7/4/2006 11:43:46 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS IRXpander, version: 2.1.2305.19627
                        7/4/2006 11:43:46 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: SmartHome PowerLinc USB, version: 1.0.0.7
                        7/4/2006 11:43:46 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS StarGate, version: 2.0.2376.23133
                        7/4/2006 11:43:46 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: WAF AB8SS, version: 1.2.0.0
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~Startup~!~Restoring device status
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing Plug-Ins
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing X10 Plug-in: JDS StarGate On COM Port 2
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: JDS StarGate
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Initializing Global Settings
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~Info~!~Current debug events set:
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Stargate plugin version 2.1.0
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in OpenPort, Access to the port 'COM1' is denied.
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Attempting contact with JDS hardware
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in CommThreadProc:, The port is closed.
                        7/4/2006 11:43:48 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in CommThreadProc:, The port is closed.
                        I realize that is a big chunk of the log but the "Error in CommThreadProc:" errors will repead until I kill HS with Task Manager.

I disabled the UPS monitoring application and re-start HS then get this:

7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Startup~!~
                        7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                        7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Startup~!~ HomeSeer version 2.1.102.0 Starting Now (Release Build)
                        7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                        7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Startup~!~
                        7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Info~!~Ending plug-in process hs_compatibility
                        7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Startup~!~Loading Settings
                        7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Warning~!~HomeSeer was not shut down successfully the previous time it was started.
                        7/4/2006 11:44:19 AM ~!~Info~!~HomeSeer is performing database maintenance on sample.mdb
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Info~!~Database maintenance Completed Successfully.
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Startup~!~Settings Loaded.
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Startup~!~Loading configuration file ...
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Info~!~Loading device types file...
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Database~!~Opening up HomeSeer database E:\HomeSeer2\config\sample.mdb
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Info~!~Loading Devices...
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Load Config~!~184 total devices loaded.
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Load Config~!~Checking device type settings for all devices...
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Load Config~!~Finished checking device type settings.
                        7/4/2006 11:44:20 AM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading Events...
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Load Config~!~30 total events loaded.
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~Loading TV Timers...
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Database~!~HomeSeer configuration database E:\HomeSeer2\config\sample.mdb has been closed.
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~HomeSeer version is: 2.1.102.0
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Startup~!~Checking for available plug-ins
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: AC RF Processor, version: 1.1.0.11
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U, version: 1.0.2.0
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: DooMotion, version: 2.0.0.117
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS IRXpander, version: 2.1.2305.19627
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: SmartHome PowerLinc USB, version: 1.0.0.7
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS StarGate, version: 2.0.2376.23133
                        7/4/2006 11:44:21 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: WAF AB8SS, version: 1.2.0.0
                        7/4/2006 11:44:22 AM ~!~Startup~!~Restoring device status
                        7/4/2006 11:44:22 AM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing Plug-Ins
                        7/4/2006 11:44:22 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing X10 Plug-in: JDS StarGate On COM Port 2
                        7/4/2006 11:44:22 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: JDS StarGate
                        7/4/2006 11:44:22 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Initializing Global Settings
                        7/4/2006 11:44:22 AM ~!~Info~!~Current debug events set:
                        7/4/2006 11:44:22 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Stargate plugin version 2.1.0
                        7/4/2006 11:44:22 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Attempting contact with JDS hardware
                        7/4/2006 11:45:37 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~No response from JDS hardware
                        7/4/2006 11:45:37 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in global Init/Comms: No response
                        7/4/2006 11:45:57 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Done Initializing Global Settings
                        7/4/2006 11:45:57 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing X10 interface JDS StarGate
                        7/4/2006 11:45:57 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing infrared interface
                        7/4/2006 11:45:57 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: JDS StarGate on COM port 2
                        7/4/2006 11:45:57 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Initializing Global Settings
                        7/4/2006 11:45:57 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in global Init/Comms: Comm Error recorded
                        7/4/2006 11:46:17 AM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Done Initializing Global Settings
                        7/4/2006 11:46:17 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in JDS StarGate

7/4/2006 11:46:17 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: WAF AB8SS
                        7/4/2006 11:46:17 AM ~!~AB8SS Plug-in Info~!~Register callback completed
                        7/4/2006 11:46:17 AM ~!~COM Plugin~!~Calling InitIO
                        Another big chunk. It apperas as though the plug-in cannot communicate with SG over com 2.

After I startup HS I can get to the Interfaces page and the plug-in Status is listed as "Unknown".
                        I select the "Stargate Control" link and "sg_control" web page does load.
                        Next I selected the "Configure JDS Stargate" link and the "JDS StarGate Configuration" web page loads.
                        It seems I can set the poll interval and which device types to poll: Vairables, Flags, Digital, Analog etc.

The "Browse" to the SG DBF files button does nothing when I press it. I can manually enter the path there and hit the save button. It looks like it saves it. However, if I copy the path to the SG DBF files FROM Windows Explorer and try to Right-Click and paste the path into the DBF path dialog box the pop-up context menu does not have the paste option listed in it. In other words, I cannot copy and paste the path into the DBF path box.

Now, here are the big ones: If I try to Set the Time or Import/Update Devices HS crashes hard shutting down both the web interface and the HS startup application. It also appears that any config settings I had made in are lost.

Here is a complete HS startup log snippet:

7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Startup~!~
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Startup~!~ HomeSeer version 2.1.102.0 Starting Now (Release Build)
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Startup~!~
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Info~!~Ending plug-in process hs_compatibility
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Startup~!~Loading Settings
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Warning~!~HomeSeer was not shut down successfully the previous time it was started.
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Info~!~HomeSeer is performing database maintenance on sample.mdb
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Info~!~Database maintenance Completed Successfully.
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Startup~!~Settings Loaded.
                        7/4/2006 12:01:52 PM ~!~Startup~!~Loading configuration file ...
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Loading device types file...
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Opening up HomeSeer database E:\HomeSeer2\config\sample.mdb
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Loading Devices...
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Load Config~!~184 total devices loaded.
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Checking device type settings for all devices...
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Finished checking device type settings.
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading Events...
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Load Config~!~30 total events loaded.
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Loading TV Timers...
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Database~!~HomeSeer configuration database E:\HomeSeer2\config\sample.mdb has been closed.
                        7/4/2006 12:01:53 PM ~!~Info~!~HomeSeer version is: 2.1.102.0
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Checking for available plug-ins
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: AC RF Processor, version: 1.1.0.11
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U, version: 1.0.2.0
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: DooMotion, version: 2.0.0.117
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS IRXpander, version: 2.1.2305.19627
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: SmartHome PowerLinc USB, version: 1.0.0.7
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: JDS StarGate, version: 2.0.2376.23133
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: WAF AB8SS, version: 1.2.0.0
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Restoring device status
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing Plug-Ins
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Initializing X10 Plug-in: JDS StarGate On COM Port 2
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: JDS StarGate
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Initializing Global Settings
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~Info~!~Current debug events set:
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Stargate plugin version 2.1.0
                        7/4/2006 12:01:54 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Attempting contact with JDS hardware
                        7/4/2006 12:02:55 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~No response from JDS hardware
                        7/4/2006 12:02:55 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in global Init/Comms: No response
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Done Initializing Global Settings
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing X10 interface JDS StarGate
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing infrared interface
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: WAF AB8SS
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~AB8SS Plug-in Info~!~Register callback completed
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~COM Plugin~!~Calling InitIO
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~Info~!~AB8SS plugin version 1.2.0
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in WAF AB8SS
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: AC RF Processor
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~AC RF Processor Plugin Version Release 1.1.11 Has Registered. Plugin Copyright (c) 2005 - AutomationCraft, LLC.
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~Using INI file for options storage - File: E:\HomeSeer2\Config\ACRFProcessor.INI
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~COM Plugin~!~Calling InitIO
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~COM Plugin Info~!~AC RF Processor RF->Serial I/F Copyright (c) 2005 - AutomationCraft, LLC.
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~Attempting to add one W800RF32 receiver on Com 5 to RFComm support interface.
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~RF Device Found on Com 5 - Ready to start I/O
                        7/4/2006 12:03:12 PM ~!~COM Plugin Info~!~1 RF->Serial I/F Device(s) found.
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in AC RF Processor
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: DooMotion
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~DooMotion startup~!~Register callback completed
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~COM Plugin~!~Calling InitIO
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~COM Plugin Info~!~Initializing DooMotion ...
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~DooMotion Info~!~Loaded sensor data for E:\HomeSeer2\config\sample.mdb
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~DooMotion startup~!~Done Initializing DooMotion
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~DooMotion Info~!~DooMotion version is: 2.0.7
                        7/4/2006 12:03:13 PM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in DooMotion
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Info~!~Local IP address is: 192.168.1.14/24
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Info~!~Web server remote access is disabled. It can only be accessed from this computer
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Info~!~Web Server started on localhost, port 80
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing text to speech
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Info~!~Listening for remote speaker connections on port 8742
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Startup~!~Start remoting
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Startup~!~Start event processing
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Info~!~This version of HomeSeer is registered.
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Startup~!~Scripting is OK
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing scripting
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Startup~!~Starting scheduler
                        7/4/2006 12:03:14 PM ~!~Startup~!~Start up complete.
                        7/4/2006 12:03:15 PM ~!~Info~!~Web Server authorized local login successful from: 127.0.0.1 User: default
                        7/4/2006 12:03:16 PM ~!~DooMotion Info~!~DooMotion has been activated
                        7/4/2006 12:03:19 PM ~!~Info~!~Speaker client connected from: 127.0.0.1
                        7/4/2006 12:03:19 PM ~!~Info~!~Speaker host added, Name: enterprise IP address: 127.0.0.1
                        Welp RJ, have a nice Fourth and I appreciate all of your help - especially today.

Comment

You guys continue to outsmart me ....

I was overwriting the COM port received from HS with the INI file, which was probably being reset. Since Glenn was managing the COMM port on his own, he had an INI setting for it, but with HS doing the work that is no longer necessary. I will post a new build in just about half an hour, then I'm heading home.

Some other Notes:

The Browse and Import buttons OPEN A NEW VIEW ON THE SAME WINDOW! Look just below the file path, and you will see the "Browse" dropdown, simply select a folder from this dropdown until you have your JDS folder. The Import button opens a view below the path that allows you to select the devices you would like to import.
                          Last edited by RJ; July 4, 2006, 04:10 PM.
                          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                            You guys continue to outsmart me ....

I was overwriting the COM port received from HS with the INI file, which was probably being reset. Since Glenn was managing the COMM port on his own, he had an INI setting for it, but with HS doing the work that is no longer necessary. I will post a new build in just about half an hour, then I'm heading home.

Some other Notes:

The Browse and Import buttons OPEN A NEW VIEW ON THE SAME WINDOW! Look just below the file path, and you will see the "Browse" dropdown, simply select a folder from this dropdown until you have your JDS folder. The Import button opens a view below the path that allows you to select the devices you would like to import.
                            Woo Hoo! We're moving along now.

Just a few things. I see a few errors with some time labels after a device DBF import:

7/4/2006 6:39:16 PM ~!~Info~!~Device update complete
                            7/4/2006 6:39:16 PM ~!~Startup~!~Starting scheduler
                            7/4/2006 6:39:16 PM ~!~Startup~!~Start up complete.
                            7/4/2006 6:39:17 PM ~!~Info~!~Web Server authorized local login successful from: 127.0.0.1 User: default
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Error in LoadDatabase, Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.Scripting, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device BeforeSunSet -16
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Error~!~DeviceClass error for BeforeSunSet -16, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Error~!~DeviceClass error for AfterSunRise +16, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Error~!~DeviceClass error for Sunset -25 Mins, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Error~!~DeviceClass error for SunSet +10, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Error~!~DeviceClass error for AlarmChimeCntrl, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.

7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~JDS StarGate~!~Import of 137 devices completed
                            5 devices created
                            132 devices updated
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device AfterSunRise +16
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device Sunset -25 Mins
                            7/4/2006 6:42:38 PM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device SunSet +10
                            7/4/2006 6:42:39 PM ~!~Database Item~!~Saving Device AlarmChimeCntrl

Also, my analog devices are still being imported as analog 1-8 without the names I assigned them in the StarGate's configuration. Their status' are still listed as 'unknown' so it looks like the importer knows there are 8 ananlog devices yet doesn't import their names or values.

Status updates:
                            On the status web page I tripped a digital input but did not see the status update. Just for testing I set the poll rate to 1 second yet the behavior is the same. It seems the devices states are correct upon startup but do not update when their values or states change afterwards.

RJ, this is quite a bit of success with this build and I want to thank you for your efforts.

In between Plug-In testing, the BBQ, eating and bombing the neighbor's kids this has become quite a great day.

-Kevin
                            Last edited by ; July 4, 2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

WOW! So much has happened during the past week! It's like a year has gone by. I am so excited to try this.

My plan is to buy a new hard drive for my house laptop, install homeseer 2.1 from scratch, copy over all my VB scripts, and build my system with the latest JDS plugin.

Then I can help a bit with the debugging effort.

Thanks to all of you working on this! I'll join you soon.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X