X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing and Using the Stargate Plugin for HomeSeer 2.1

Hello All,

Since the new Stargate plugin is now in the updater, this thread should serve as a "guide" to installing it, especially if you were using the older Stargate plugin under HS2.

Installing The Plugin
    • Select "Updater" from any HomeSeer web page
    • Follow the instructions until your reach the "package selection" screen
    • Look for the JDS Stargate plugin for HomeSeer 2.1.x. Right now, it is labeled as BETA under Multi-Purpose plugins.
    • Select the checkbox next to this package, then finish the updater.
    • Restart HomeSeer.
    Configuring the Plugin
    • All configuration is now done via the web, as opposed to the old windows forms. Select "Setup" from any HomeSeer web page, then click "Interfaces"
    • Look for the entry for the JDS Stargate plugin. If it is not enabled, click the "Disabled" button under Other, X10, or IR, depending on what you are using. Enter the COM port in the text box that will appear, then click "Save"
    • A yellow "Config" button should appear. Click this and you will be directed to the configuration page.
    • Change settings for the plugin on this page, then click "Save Settings" at the bottom when you are finished
    Importing Devices
    • Warning: There have been significant changes to import functionality with this version of the plugin. It is highly recommended that you remove any existing Stargate Devices from your HomeSeer configuration before performing a fresh import.
    • From the Configuration screen, click the "Browse" button. A dropdown list will appear below, allowing you to browse to the directory where your .DBF files are stored. When you have the directory selected, click "Import/Update Devices"
    • A set up checkboxes will appear in place of the directory browser. Check the devices you would like to import, as well as whether you would like to overwrite existing devices. Warning: This may not correctly update devices imported using the old plugin.
    • All devices should now be available with correct types and new controls.
    Importing old IR Settings from HS1.x
    • Shutdown HS2
    • Copy the "irlbl.cfg" file from your HS1.x "Config" folder to your HS2 "Config" folder
    • In your HS2 "Config" folder, delete "IR-Labels.ini"
    • Restart HomeSeer
    Additional Plugin Help
    • Refer to the Plugin Help guide, located with the plugin.
    • From any plug-in web page, click "Help Page" (one of the three links at the top) to view the help file.
    Any other procedures/processes that anyone might find helpful, post a request and I will do my best to create a "Guide"
    Last edited by RJ; November 22, 2006, 02:56 PM.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Make sure that you have "other" enabled. It is not listed as I/O. This is what controls your relays and flags.

Matt (learned this the hardway)

Comment

Trial Code?

Is there a trial code for the new plugin? I installed it without reading the cost, & am just a little unprepared this week to spring for it.

Comment

Rich had posted this on the big thread "JDS for Homeseer 2.1 BETA":

For anyone that needs a trial license, here you go:

License ID: 21613
        Password: trial

Comment

Thanks. Had missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey
            Rich had posted this on the big thread "JDS for Homeseer 2.1 BETA":

For anyone that needs a trial license, here you go:

License ID: 21613
            Password: trial
            Also be sure you select the web installation/verification.

Comment

Hi Guys-

There were some issues with Trial code registration, these have been resolved.

Please note that you only need to use this code if you are running the plugin and it appears as unregistered during your trial.
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Do I need to uninstall my current version of the plugin before installing this one...if so, what is the best way to do it? I currently have version 2.0.0.30.

Comment

Hello,

The latest version in the updater will automatically remove this version. You may want to re-import your devices however, as several settings have changed.
                  -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Help file

RJ,
                    I noticed you referred to a help file in another thread. I went looking for it and found a link to it on the Stargate Control page. It looks to be quite useful. I suggest including a note about it in your start post in this thread to draw attention to it and help people find it. I, for one, had missed it. Thanks.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Please, Please, Please add some big bold print in the installation notes about clicking "other" on the plugin. I spend about a week wondering why I could not get variables, flags & relays on the SG to respond from HS and finally stumbled across <b>mattdb</b>'s comment above about how he learned this the hard way. I've now learned it the hard way too. How many must learn it the hard way? It should be in the instructions please
                      Last edited by billschalck; June 22, 2007, 09:04 PM. Reason: Fixed vBcode

Comment

Other

This "other" that is mentioned. Is that the one on the "interfaces" page next to the JDS Stargate control? I have it enabled.
                        I am trying to send an email when a DI changes and I can see in the log that it transfers and if I manually tell it to run the event it works so for some reason the DI is just not trigering the event.

Thanks for any help....Sonny

Comment

I am not seeing any problem using DeviceStatus change as an event trigger with DI inputs. If you post your event trigger perhaps someone will spot a problem.

Do you have the plug-in polling on? If you do, try turning it off for all devices and see if that helps.

Yes, I believe the 'Other' on the Setup/Interfaces page is the one he's referring to. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be anyone currently available to support this plug-in, so it is not likely that the docs will be updated in the foreseeable future.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for the response

I have the following:

NAME
                            door open
                            Voice Command is blank
                            Voice Command Enable:=Disabled
                            No check mark in Confirm Voice Command
                            DTMF Trigger is blank
                            Group = JDS
                            New Group is blank
                            Options are blank except for Proirity event has check mar and the Cannot Retrigger For: is set for 2 seconds

TRIGGER
                            Current Trigger Type = Device Value Change
                            All days selected
                            No checkmark by Apply Conditions
                            Device= JDS Alarm Ready
                            Value is=Equal To

ACTION
                            Action List
                            Send Email to myemail at cox.net

On the Stargate Control Panel:
                            Baud 9600
                            pool interval=15
                            Digital checked
                            Relay checked
                            Nothing checked in Enable Debug Messages
                            WinEVM is checked
                            Timer Display is checked
                            Lat and Long are empty
                            Path for DBF files is C:\Stargate
                            As a point of interest I am not connected to the stargate except for the original control interface. Maybe that is a clue.

On the Setup, Interfaces page for Startate I have the following:
                            X10 is enabled
                            Other is enabled Com Port =2
                            HSPI_STARGATE.dll
                            Version= 2.1.2614.17538
                            Registered is checked.

Also this is an old Stargate but it has acted flawlessly with the exception of occasionally loosing an analog chip.

I have thought about enabling the winevn interface through one of the other ports if that might help anything.

Thanks for your help and will appreciate anyones idea's...Sonny

When I do a test at this point I get the email.
                            Also in the log I can see when I open the door so it appears somewhere between it getting the event and sending the email I have something set up wrong.

Comment

Have you tried using Device Status Change as the trigger? I use Device Status 'Changed to On' as a digital input trigger. I do not know if the device value changes, but it may not.

Comment

Working...
                              X