• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 2.2 may be the key

Mark and Tim,
    I'm using SG FW v3.09.1
    I have a NetworX NX8e; Loc 210, Seg 1 is -----678

Pierre,
    If this continues to be unresolved I will do exactly what you have done. Glad to hear that it works for you.

RJ,
    Do you recommend that I try 2.1.143 or wait for official release of 2.2?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey
      p.s. i run firmware 3.09.1, but i doubt it makes a difference
      Didn't JDS change something about the way Caddx and SG communicate after FW 3.08.2?

Uncle Michael- I'm on HS 2.1.143 and I still have the problem.

Mark
      Mark

Comment

Hmmm

Originally posted by Mark S.
        Didn't JDS change something about the way Caddx and SG communicate after FW 3.08.2?

Uncle Michael- I'm on HS 2.1.143 and I still have the problem.
        Mark,
        I recall that there was a change in SG communication with CADDX, but I can't recall the version where it occurred or the specifics of the change. A note to Jeff at JDS should get a definitive answer.

Sorry, I missed that you had the v2.2 beta. I guess it's not the answer I was hoping it would be.
        So, I'm using HS 2.1.104 and SGFW v3.09.1 and have a problem with Security reporting.
        Tim is using HS 2.1.142 and SGFW v3.09.1 and is not experiencing the problem.
        You are using HS 2.1.143 and SGFW v3.08.2 and are experiencing the problem.
        Do I have that straight?

OK, here's an off-the-wall question. Do either of you see this defect in the HST web site? I do, but many do not.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=116525
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

v3.09.1

I am also having problems getting my SG and HS to synch. Noting that 3.09.1 FW seems to be one factor, I went to the JDS website to get it, and they are showing 3.08.7 as the only available download for my model (telephone board) otherwise, it is 4.0. Where did you get the 3.09.1 version? does it support the telephone board and would you be will to share it?

Thanks

Comment

bje,
            If you contact Jeff at JDS he can give you guidance on the firmware versions. I believe there is an incompatibility between the 3.09.x versions and some hardware. That is probably why he has not posted it on the site. The primary purpose for using it was to overcome occasional loss of serial communication on SG com 2 and/or 3 and possibly the RS485 port.

I've attached the zip file, but I do not expect it will make any difference, since Mark and I both see the problem and Tim doesn't, yet Tim and I are using the same firmware version.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well it seems I missed quite a bit!

HomeSeer 2.1 should be sufficient for the Stargate plugin. The only item that requires 2.2 right now is the Timer event creation.

Keeping that in mind, I develop on the latest version of HomeSeer all the time. Right now, my debug environment is version 2.1.146. This means that there might be changes between this version and the last release (2.1.104). Try the 2.2 beta. If it works, then we know where the problem is. If it doesn't, then I still have some work to do here! The security issue at hand (Configuring which values the plugin responds to) uses the functions ConfigDevice2 and ConfigDevicePost, from the SDK. As far as I am aware, these were not changed for 2.2, so there should be no problem.

P.S. - I know nothing on Stargate Firmware. If there was a change, JDS and RCS would be much more knowledgeable on that.
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

RJ,
                I am now seeing the security zones behave as I expect on the Status page, and they trigger events without being influenced by previous alarm conditions, but I'm not clear about what made the difference.

To have a well-understood starting point for further trouble shooting, I reloaded the latest offical version of the plug-in from the updater last week (2.1.2488.25852) and then tried to recreate the problem. Instead, the zones that were displaying Alarm Memory no longer do, even if I arm and disarm the system, which used to be the trigger.

Prior to installing this update I had installed a trial build you had supplied in a post by simply renaming the plug-in and replacing it with the new file, then restarting HS. Perhaps there is something else that happens when using the updater that is important.

Comment

HI Mike-

No, in fact the updater does just that! Delete the old DLL and replace it with the new one, nothing special. All the extra files (ASPX pages, Help Page) are extracted right out of the DLL. You could call it "micro-management"

Anyways, there were a few minute changes between the build I gave you and the updater build. I am going to check the latest build into the updater tomorrow as it seems to resolve these issues, and hopefully other users will have good luck with it as well.
                  -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Woudn't you know! As soon as I reported that the security zones were reporting fine, the dreaded Alarm Memory came back. Now I'm more puzzled than ever. It was arming and disarming the alarm system that caused them to reappear, but several previous cycles over nearly a week had not caused it.

Comment

Still not working right

RJ,
                      I took a deep breath and installed the newest version of the plug-in yesterday. No comm errors. Whew.

I then selected Yes, No, No, No from the four drop-down boxes (which initially all diplayed 'Yes') for a security zone and selected 'Apply to all zones'. The display refreshed, and all boxes again displayed 'Yes'. I then tried 'Apply to X zone only': same thing. When I chose 'Save' instead, the screen went back to Status, but returning to the device display showed all four boxes with 'Yes' displayed.

I then manually set the zone values to 0, to remove Alarm Memory from the Status page. This morning, Alarm Memory is back on all the zones that had it before!

Comment

HI Mike-

I am going to check on this, but I think for some reason the post is not being properly handled by HomeSeer. This might be because you are running build 104, and there may have been some changes.
                        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

JDS --> 1/4

RJ,
                          I just noticed that many of my devices imported from SG are now labeled with a '1/4' symbol instead of 'JDS'. Is that a HomeSeer version issue too?

Comment

Hi Mike-

Shouldnt be, but I do have one question. Is this specific to a particular device type? This was an issue a while back, but I could never seem to reproduce it.
                            -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                              Is this specific to a particular device type? This was an issue a while back, but I could never seem to reproduce it.
                              RJ,
                              Yes, all the devices that have the '1/4' designation are SG Flags, but not all of the SG Flags have the '1/4', some are still labeled as 'JDS'.

Comment

Working...
                              X