X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flags > 99 Do Not Import Properly

RJ,

Thought this was fixed recently, but using HomeSeer's latest release build 2.1.102 and the latest Stargate plugin 2.1.2513.23994 I'm seeing the following behavior:

Slots 1-88 (with a few gaps in some slots) get properly assigned to device codes "\1" through "\88". I then have a gap until slot 106, however the plug-in import starts to assign slot 106 to "010" and then increments per slot until the device codes become "099". Once reaching that point, it provides the error of:

"Error~!~DeviceClass error for Media Room PIR, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.

I would have expected the plug-in to assign a unique symbol, not zero starting with flags > 99. Perhaps it gets confused by the gap after slot 88 and the next occupied slot > 100?

BTW, this is repeatable and will occur after completely removing all JDS devices before importing.

Ken

Hi Ken-

The problem with the zero will be fixed in HomeSeer 2.2. Basically, HomeSeer was allowing IO plugins to use the numbers 0 to 9 as House Codes, obviously confusing and difficult to follow. For now, it is totally normal, and if you would like I can send you a script to adjust these to a different house code.

The second part of your question is somewhat unique. From what I can tell, you have more than 192 flags (or you have flags assigned to values 192 or higher), and this has never been tested. The rewrite of the plugin has been verified with flags greater than 96, and SHOULD work with greater than 192, but again this has never been tested. I will take another look at this code on Monday.

If you could, please send me your Stargate DBF files. These could be helpful in figuring out what the issue is. Please send them to rj [at] homeseer.com, and if you cannot, that is fine too.

The gap shouldnt cause any problems. The stargate plugin interprets each device individually, and keeps its place relative to the device codes.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

RJ,

I know we worked on this in Dec, but it ran into another anomaly with a large number of flags. I downloaded the latest plug-in 2.1.2571.17744 on the updater, latest released version 2.1.102.0 of Homeseer. Removed all of my flags and reimported. Everything looked great from the Homeseer status page, it used housecodes \, ], and ^ with no overlaps etc. JDS.ini shows the same three housecodes in the same order. However, from a script I can only change the flags with the '\' housecode. For example when setting a flag with the second housecode, the log shows:

1/25/2007 9:12:03 PM Info Device: JDS Print Server Up (]41) ON
      1/25/2007 9:12:04 PM JDS StarGate Flag ]41 (JDS Print Server Up) set to ON

Homeseer reflects this flag properly, but Stargate's WebXpander doesn't show the change. It works fine for the '\' housecode. Any ideas?

Ken

Comment

Hi Ken-

Found and fixed. The new version will go to the updater later today.
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Still don't see a new version in the Updater. The latest version displayed is 2.1.2571.17744.

Ken

Comment

Hi Ken-

Sorry about that. It's up there now, version 2.1.2590.27958.
            -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi RJ,

Does this latest release correct the problem of the Security Devices updating in the Status page but not appearing/updating in the Event Log page?

Regards,
              TCIII

Comment

Hi RJ,

I just installed the latest version and I am still not seeing Security Device entries/updates in the Events Log page.

Regards,
                TCIII

Comment

Hi TCIII-

My mistake, that feature slipped my mind.

The latest build is in the updater.
                  Last edited by RJ; February 8, 2007, 05:42 PM.
                  -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi RJ,

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Regards,
                    TCIII

Comment

Working...
                    X