X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Joy

RJ,
    Replaced the SG dll with the one you sent, rebooted HS and deleted the 5 bad devices, exited HS, rebooted and then reimported the 5. All is exactly as before and described in previous post, including error messages.

I did make a bit of a discovery. All of the bad variables are at the end of my SG variable list. I moved one of them to an open slot closer to the top of the list. After deleting the variable in HS and reimporting, it appears normal in HS. Could it be that the plug-in only reads to a certain number in the table? As I stated before, the table does not go over 100, actually 1-96. I could not try to move the other 5 bad variables due lack of slots closer to the top.

Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis-

We need to go with plan B then. Please send me your JDS.ini file, and I will fix it for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this should do the trick.
      -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Plan B File

RJ,

Attached please find jds.txt, alias jds.ini per your request. Let me know what your doing so I can 1. learn, and 2. save you time next time by possibly doing same myself.

Do you think there may be a relationship between what is wrong with the .ini file and my daily (ugh!!) HS crashes (he said, hopefully)?

RJ, I really appreciate you persistance with this issue. You deserve an A++ and a good single malt scotch for effort.

Dennis
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dennis-

An older version of the plugin used ASCII codes to represent house code variables. With the new plugin, these are now the actual house code (much easier). There was also a problem with house codes not being assigned at the right times, and some inadvertently got set to 0. The plugin thinks this is fine, but HomeSeer does not. So, that's why your imported devices show up as "A" and "Z." Delete the problem devices, shut down HomeSeer, save the file, restart and reimport, and you should be OK to go.

EDIT: Sorry, here's the file...
          Attached Files
          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

"(" vs. "\" code in latest SG Import

RJ,

Thanks for the fix. It appears the problem is resolved but I won"t get a chance to test the full functionality for a few days.

One thing though. After reimport of the problem variables, they all show as "(" (timer) code instead of "\" (variable). The new .ini file has the correct definition as far as I can tell. Is this a problem?

Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis-

This isn't a problem. If you ever import timers, they will be assigned a unique house code (as of the functionality in the build posted1-15)
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

RJ - Thanks

RJ,

The last fix has me back in business...what a relief!! Thanks so much for your persistence.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                X