X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RJ,

I second Kevin's request.

I would be glad to be a beta tester if you would like to migrate the JDS plug-in to the WebXpander interface.

The only problem I see here is that there would have to be two separate plug-ins as there are SG owners who do not have the SG-IP version and still have to use the Com 1 serial port.

Regards,
    TCIII

Comment

Hi all

HS and the SG-IP have been running in the SG Com 2 configuration for almost 24 hours and the Events and Log pages are being updated regularly from the SG.

I did note that the WebXpander did not update the time automatically at 7:30pm yesterday since I went to this new Com port configuration. However, there are times when it will occasionally miss a day.

I have noticed that when setting the SG time from the HS Stargate Control Panel, the time will be updated correctly, but even with the correct Lon/Lat, the SG Status page will come back with Sunrise/Sunset times that are eight hours earlier than they should be.

When I set the time using WinEVM, the HS Stargate Control SG Status page will indicated the correct Sunrise/Sunset times. Is it necessary to put a "+" in front of the Lon/Lat and not assume that Lon/Lat values are interpreted as "+" if they are not preceded with a "-"?

Regards,
      TCIII
      Last edited by ; January 17, 2007, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Once again to clarify my earlier post about HS support of SG through the WebX Ethernet interface, this is just kind of an RFI - Request For Information. I don't know if it is even feesable for Agent 'J' to do this let alone get the development information from RCS/JDS to build an interface.

Comment

Hi Guys-

Right now, I am WAY too busy with other plugins to even consider this. If the protocol is basically the same, then this might be feasible. If there is a totally new set of commands, then it simply would not be worth the effort to re-code the COM aspect of this.

I will take a look at the protocol and see if this is doable.
          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            I'm running SG-1 rather than SG-IP, so my experience may not translate, but I have both WinEVM and HS connected to SG on com 1 simultaneously using Eltima software serial splitter. I have had no problems under normal use. I do find that when I upload a new schedule to SG it helps to shut HS down, but that is the only time I have encountered a conflict.

I place my analog readings into a SG variable, so they are communicated to HS automatically without the need for polling.

Could HS be conflicting with HomeRunner?
            I am thinking about trying the Eltima solution to run both WinEVM and HS but I am not sure I understand how this would work. For example: What happens when SG sends an ASCII string such as @@filename.wav or &&program.exe? Will both WinEVM and Homeseer try to process the command? Will 2 instances of the program run or will the wav file play twice?

Comment

HS/SG-IP Interferences per TCIII

Earlier someone in this Thread said: Quote - I suspect that the WebXpander and HomeSeer were both colliding on the serial line at the same time when I tried to access the SG through the WebXpander webpage. In a way, this would be like trying to run HomeSeer and the WinEVM/Mega Controller at the same time which, as we know, will not work well. - End Quote

Hummm! Sorry, but I must disagree. I run SG-IP concurrent with HS using Eltima's Serial Splitter (SS) so that HS and Mega can both communicate concurrently with SS configured as follows: PC Physical COM3 (SS Input) connects to SG Physical COM1. SG uses Virtual COM2 (SS Output Controlling) while HS uses Virtual COM9 (SS Output Following) for full duplex comms. I can clear SG and download a new schedule without shutting down HS. I do not use polling. I can access either SG or HS remotely over the web (each with its own port) with no trouble. I have no experience with HomeRunner. There should be a work around. Good Luck!

BTW HS Staff: Today is THU, 13-MAR-08 not WED 17-JAN-07! Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                I am thinking about trying the Eltima solution to run both WinEVM and HS but I am not sure I understand how this would work. For example: What happens when SG sends an ASCII string such as @@filename.wav or &&program.exe? Will both WinEVM and Homeseer try to process the command? Will 2 instances of the program run or will the wav file play twice?
                I do not have much experience with ASCII out to WinEVM, so I'm not going to be able to offer much useful in a response.

I know that when I send ASCII messages to HS, they have no effect on WinEVM. My guess is that Glenn Todd took the potential for such a conflict into account when he first designed v1 of the plug-in and I don't think RJ made any changes to his original architecture when he translated it to .net.

You should be able to find out if you send those ASCII commands to the port where HS is connected to SG. See what happens. I suspect HS will ignore them, or possibly generate an error in the log, but there's nothing like an experiment to find out.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                X