X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display of SG relays in Status Page/Event Log

RJ,

I have several events in my present running SG schedule that turns on two of the SG relays to connect an amplifier to two speakers.

When my garage door is up, the SG turns on and then turns off both relays every 15 minutes. The relays are kept on approximately 15 seconds before they are turned off.

In the Log page I have noticed that when the relays are turned on by the SG, the log entry shows that they are being turned off and there are two log entries for only one of the relays.

After the 15 second delay, the log entry correctly shows both relays as being turned off by the SG most of the time.

I have not trouble turning both relays on and off in the Status page and receiving the correct on/off indication.

Sometimes after the 15 second there is no log entry for the relays being turned off by the SG. However, if I manually turn either of the relays on from the Status page, the Log page will be updated with off entries for both of the relays. Interesting.

From my prespective, there seems to be a problem with the JDS plug-in responding to SG relay status and variable name when the SG actuates the relays based on the running SG schedule.

The error in the Log entries do not inhibit proper operation of the SG relays, but it would be nice to have the Log entries be correct for the SG relay status.

I will be glad to work with you to determine the cause of the problem.

Please indicate what files that you will need from me to investigate the problem.

I am running the latest trial download of HS and the JDS plug-in version is 2.1.2558.28323.

Update:

For some reason unknown to me, the manual cycling of the SG relays during my testing of HA speaker/amplifier switching has caused the SG Event Log page to correctly report the state of the SG relays as they are cycled On and then Off by the presently running SG schedule. Ah, the mysteries of life.

Regards,
    TCIII
    Last edited by ; January 22, 2007, 12:44 PM.

TCIII-

I'm not sure if you still have HS connected to SG's COM2, but your problem seems similar to the flaky communication that others (including myself) have seen when using SG COM2 for HS. A few old threads:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=90867&page=2

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=90908

See if it still happens when using SG's COM1.

Mark
    Mark

Comment

Mark S.,

I would agree with the premise of flaky SG Com 2/3 port operation with the HS JDS plug-in if most or all of the SG variables would get scrambled now and then, but this problem is related to only the SG relay status and no other SG variable.

The only reason I still have WinEVM connected to the SG Com 1 is to use the WebXpander daughter card to update the SG clock once a day. The serial line from the computer that runs WinEVM is plugged into the telephone jack on the WebXpander daughter card and from the daughter card to the SG Com 1 port and is not active unless I am running WinEVM during which time HS is shutdown.

When I had HS connected to the input of the WebXpander daughter card like the WinEVM line is now, there appeared to be interference between HS and the WebXpander daughter card operation when HomeRunner was accessing the SG through the LAN interface.

Once I have MLS/MLS up and running in place of HomeRunner, I will probably try and switch HS from the SG Com 2 port back to the WebXpander daughter card input which then passes through to the SG Com 1 port. Without HomeRunner trying to access the SG through the WebXpander LAN interface, I suspect that HS and the WebXpander daughter card SG clock update function will cooexist just fine.

Regards,
      TCIII
      Last edited by ; January 22, 2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hi TCIII-

I just checked logging, and it looks OK. Can you post a segment with "COM" debug enabled? To do this, go to the plugin config page, check the box to enable "COM" debug, then hit "Save Settings." When the event happens, send me the log entries that occur, and I will see what I can find.
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi RJ,

Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated.

Update:

For some reason unknown to me, the manual cycling of the SG relays from the HS Status page, during my testing of HA speaker/amplifier switching, has caused the SG Event Log page to correctly report the state of the SG relays as they are cycled On and then Off by the presently running SG schedule. Ah, the mysteries of life.

Regards,
          TCIII<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

Working...
          X