X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG Digital/SG Security

Hi all,

I have several PIRs that are attached to the SG digital inputs and are labled device type "SG Digital" in the Status page.

I also have a number of PIRs attached to my GE Caddx NX8e and they appear in the Status page as device type "SG Security".

My question is: Why do changes in the state of the "SG Digital" inputs devices appear in both the Status page and the Event Log page while changes in the "SG Security" devices appear only in the Status page and not in the Event Log page?

What am I missing in the function of the Events Log page in relation to the Status page when it comes to reporting the state of "SG Security" devices?

Regards,
    TCIII

Hi TCIII-

This plugin was recently upgraded from an old version, and security devices were not implemented. It seems like I forgot to add this functionality to the latest version, and I will make sure it is incorporated in the next release.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi RJ,

Thanks for looking into this issue. Much appreciated.

I assume that as long as the SG Security devices are showing up in the HS Status page and are changing state (On/Off) as the PIRs detect motion, I can use them in HS Events to trigger actions?

Regard,
      TCIII

Comment

Hello Again,

Indeed you can. For the trigger, simply use the Device Value change trigger, and select the values you want to trigger on.
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi RJ,

Since the SG Security devices appear in the HS Status page as either Faulted (Motion detected) or Clear (No motion detected) I have tried to use the Device Status change trigger, but have had only intermittent success.

The conditional event should turn on an X10 lamp and then turn it off 1 minute later when the SG Security device status changes from Clear to Faulted. However, the lamp only turns on intermittently when motion is detected by the PIR Security device.

The PIR Security device status is changing in the HS Status page, but as we know, does not show up in the Event Log page.

Suggestions?

Regards,
          TCIII

Comment

TCIII,
            I made the same assumption, but as far as I know, the only way to access this in an event is with device value. You might want to take at look at this thread for more information.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ghlight=change
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hi Uncle Michael/RJ,

RJ and you are both correct.

When I switched to Trigger on Change in Value, the lights responded as they should.

Thank you both for the tip!

Regards,
              TCIII

Comment

Hi RJ,

I just downloaded and installed release 2.1.2571.1774 of the HS JDS SG plug-in and I still do not have my SG Security Devices being shown in the Event Log page when they change state. They are, however, updating in the Status page.

Will the addition of the updating of the SG Security Devices status changes in the Event Log page come in a later release of the JDS SG plug-in?

Regards,
                TCIII

Comment

Working...
                X