Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second set of 99 variables not getting proper housecode in HS2.2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Second set of 99 variables not getting proper housecode in HS2.2

    Hello,

    I finally upgraded my Homeseer to 2.2.0.11 and the Stargate plug-in the latest version.

    Upon running the new version, it updated the house codes on three of my variables using the "0" (zero) house code.

    5/10/2007 5:04:44 PM ~!~Info~!~Loading Devices...
    5/10/2007 5:04:45 PM ~!~Error~!~DeviceClass error for , invalid housecode. Reverting to the previous value.
    5/10/2007 5:04:45 PM ~!~Error~!~DeviceClass error for , invalid housecode. Reverting to the previous value.
    5/10/2007 5:04:45 PM ~!~Error~!~DeviceClass error for , invalid housecode. Reverting to the previous value.

    It changed the three of them to "A1", "A2", and "A3".

    But I don't like that, since A is an X10 housecode that I use.

    I tried to delete the three variables (they are the first 3 greater than 99). Then I modified the jds.ini file to include:

    gVariableHC=[
    gVariableHC1=<

    Then I reimported variables and I got the error that 3 variables had their house code changed again.

    I checked the jds.ini file and found:

    gVariableHC=[
    gVariableHC1=0

    How can I get the JDS plugin to assign something other than 0? Is "<" also an illegal house code? How can I find out the next available housecode?

    Help.

    Thanks,

    Tim

    #2
    Hi Tim-

    Your best bet here would be to delete the offending devices and lines, and then re-import the devices. If you would rather set it manually, here are the next housecodes:

    [ / ] ^ _ ` # $
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

    Comment


      #3
      That is what I tried to do.

      I deleted the 3 devices, then I changed the jds.ini file, and then it proceeded to reset the jds.ini file as shown in my original post. It also proceeds to rename the devices, and then they don't work.

      Oh, adn the first time I tried it, I removed the line "gVariableHC1=0" from the jds.ini file. Only in subsequent attempts did I edit it. Why is the plug-in fixated on the "0" house code???

      Help!

      Comment


        #4
        Are you sure you are deleting all the Stargate plug-in owned devices with that particular house code? I've noticed that the device list, when sorted by device code, sometimes does not place some with the special house codes in the correct sort order, or even together in the list.

        Bill

        Comment


          #5
          Yes, I've verified against my variable list. Plus, Homeseer correctly identifies and "fixes" the three offending variables when it starts up or when I do the variable import. So if there are more than 3, I cannot find them or think of why Homeseer wouldn't be "correcting" them.

          I have figured it out and it seems there is a bug that can probably be fixed easily.

          I deleted my devices with housecode "0" (homeseer has relabeled them as "A").
          Then I modified the jds.ini file to remove the gVariableHC1 and gVariableHC2 lines.
          Then I shut down Homeseer.
          AHA! - I then noticed that jds.ini had been modified again and I reopened it to check - the gVariableHC1 and gVariableHC2 lines were back there "gVariableHC1=0". The plug-in must have restored them prior to shutting down.

          So I modified jds.ini again.
          Then I restarted Homeseer.
          Then I checked jds.ini. Still free of the gVariableHC1 lines.
          Then I reimported and it worked fine. All is good!

          RJ, I'd check the plug-in to see where it updated jds.ini upon shutdown. That seems to be the source of the problem.

          Tim
          Last edited by timlacey; May 16, 2007, 07:49 PM.

          Comment


            #6
            You can't modify the INI while HS/the plug-in is running. All bets are off if you do.


            Jon


            Originally posted by timlacey View Post
            Yes, I've verified against my variable list. Plus, Homeseer correctly identifies and "fixes" the three offending variables when it starts up or when I do the variable import. So if there are more than 3, I cannot find them or think of why Homeseer wouldn't be "correcting" them.

            I have figured it out and it seems there is a bug that can probably be fixed easily.

            I deleted my devices with housecode "0" (homeseer has relabeled them as "A").
            Then I modified the jds.ini file to remove the gVariableHC1 and gVariableHC2 lines.
            Then I shut down Homeseer.
            AHA! - I then noticed that jds.ini had been modified again and I reopened it to check - the gVariableHC1 and gVariableHC2 lines were back there "gVariableHC1=0". The plug-in must have restored them prior to shutting down.

            So I modified jds.ini again.
            Then I restarted Homeseer.
            Then I checked jds.ini. Still free of the gVariableHC1 lines.
            Then I reimported and it worked fine. All is good!

            RJ, I'd check the plug-in to see where it updated jds.ini upon shutdown. That seems to be the source of the problem.

            Tim
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

            Comment


              #7
              Jon is right, you need to shutdown HomeSeer before changing the file.
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

              Comment


                #8
                Yep, that seems to be all I needed to do. If that is by design, then ok. In hindsight, it makes perfect sense. Thanks.

                Comment

                Working...
                X