This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GetEvent not reliable...Errors in AddDTMF

I use DTMF a lot with my SG and have a few questions regarding what I am seeing in the HS log

For example, when I use DTMF codes to set a flag in SG I see the following entries in the HS log:

"GetEvent is not reliable for event enumeration. Please use the new GetEventEnumerator method. "
    "Error in AddDTMF:Argument 'Index' is not a valid value"
    "GetEvent is not reliable for event enumeration. Please use the new GetEventEnumerator method. "

What exactly is going on here?

Thanks,
    Greg

Greg,
    It appears that using the TouchTone command triggers code in the plugin that still has residual statements from pre HS2 days. I suspect RJ will be able to answer your question. Have you submitted a help desk request to HST?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

That's an interesting theory. Since my installation is a brand new right out of the box vanilla installation, I would think that it would then be a common problem and there would be many who have seen this.

I haven't submitted a request on this as I don't think it's a real problem, only an annoyance and I thought I could get an answer here instead of bothering RJ.

-- greg

Comment

Hey Guys-

I'm fixing another Stargate bug right now. I should have an updated version posted here in an hour or so.
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

I have tried to use the DTMF functions (event triggers), but couldn't get them to work - I use HS Phone and expected the DTMF commands to correspond to HS Phone and not to Stargate. I didn't realize that the Stargate plugin offers any functionality with DTMF.

Could Stargate be hijacking these commands for me, instead of routing them to HSPhone as I was intending?

I was using DTMF as event triggers and having trouble. The DTMF events were showing up in the event log but not triggering events.

Rather than wasting time on it, I just scrapped those events. But now that I see DTMF issues on the Stargate board, I realize that perhaps the Stargate is interfering with those DTMF commands and event triggers?

Comment

Hi Tim-

DTMF wasn't really touched when I revamped the plugin, but now that I am looking into it, it appears your speculation is correct. Can you give the attached build a try and see if it fixes anything?
            Attached Files
            -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

I just used the build you posted for the SetTime fix, assuming it is newer than this build here. That build did not fix the DTMF issues. in fact, now I don't see DTMF from HSPhone showing up in the log - I'm pretty sure it did before????

Were the changes for DTMF that you wanted me to try included in that later build?

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim-

They should have been in that other build. Let me take a closer look so I can see what exactly is going on here. Can you enable Debug Com logging, and post a typical phone event here? There are quite a few trace statements in this code, so it might help me determine what is going on.
                Last edited by RJ; June 15, 2007, 09:03 AM.
                -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Here's an update from my end.

See my original post at the start of this thread.

I installed my Way2Call and got HSPhone configured and now DTMF seems to work in both SG and HS. I'm still using the same version of the SG plug-in I started with.

Now what I get is after starting up HS I am seeing the following error in the log after Wave In id:2 (what ever that is): Error in InitVR100) Value does not fall within expected range. Don't have a clue what this is about?

I'm going to post in the HSPhone part of the board with this and other related stuff that is going on.

-- greg

Comment

Working...
                  X