This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect To Stargate Using Elk IP-232

I was wondering if anybody is using an Elk IP-232 serial to ethernet converter to connect their Stargate to Homeseer? The reason it caught my eye is that the specs say it will support 12 simultaneous sessions. I think this means you could connect from your HS PC and at the same time be running a WinEVM session from another computer.

This would be similiar to the COM port sharing software some folks are using except it allows the second program to be run on a different PC. Has anybody tried this?

Please give it a try and report back. It does sound like a great deal.

I recently bought a USB/serial isolator to eliminate ground loop problems, and your approach would probably accomplish the same thing, so it would give me another option.

I still don't quite see the need to run both WinEVM and Homeseer at the same time, but I agree it would be convenient.

Tim

Comment

The main reason is to be able to troubleshoot / edit Stargate schedules without shutting down Homeseer. I also like the idea of runnining WinEVM on my office PC rather than on the Homeseer PC in the basement which then requires a remote session if I need to edit stargate stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X