This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Start

I'm trying again to get HS to play with SG.

So far X-10 seems to work ok but I can't get any SG relays to respond to SG. At first I thought it was just the relays on the IOX, but no that's not it. The relays on the SG board won't respond either.

I turned on relay polling thinking that might be the problem, but no joy there.

What's the secret?

-- greg

I spoke too soon about everything else being ok.

When I first got things going yesterday, security was working but now I get a message in the HS log stating the security device can't be found. The device (a motion detector) is in the device list.

What might cause this?

-- greg

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
      I'm trying again to get HS to play with SG.

So far X-10 seems to work ok but I can't get any SG relays to respond to SG. At first I thought it was just the relays on the IOX, but no that's not it. The relays on the SG board won't respond either.

I turned on relay polling thinking that might be the problem, but no joy there.

What's the secret?

-- greg
      Greg,
      I don't think polling the relays will help. I leave polling off and just use the built-in call back functions in the plug-in. They seem to be fast and reliable in my setup. I normally address my relays in SG macros, calling the macros from HS, but as a test I just tried one and it worked instantly when I clicked the ON control on the HS Status page.

My understanding is that communication between SG and HS emulates communication between SG and WinEVM, so anything you can do from there you ought to be able to do from HS.

How do you have HS connected to SG?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I spoke too soon about everything else being ok.

When I first got things going yesterday, security was working but now I get a message in the HS log stating the security device can't be found. The device (a motion detector) is in the device list.

What might cause this?

-- greg
        What does the message in the log mean? Do you have polling on? If so, again, I'd try running with it off and see if that changes anything. Is the security system NetworX? Can you confirm that it is communicating with the SG box?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Uncle Michael,

Thanks for responding.

I have a NX8 and it is communicating with SG.

I have tried it with and without polling - no difference.

I am getting this message: "Warning: Cannot process security event because device cannot be found:2"

My security devices are listed in the device list

All my SG flags are showing up as "UNKNOWN" devices in HS

I get this error during HS startup: Unable to open REM_ACC.DBF at c:\

SG or IOX relays don't work.

X-10 does work through SG.

I am running SG 3.10.0, HS 2.2.0.66 and JDS plug-in 2.1.2614.17538

-- greg

Comment

I get this error during HS startup: Unable to open REM_ACC.DBF at c:\-- greg
            Greg,
            I believe that file is located in your Stargate directory. You might want to check to be sure it is there. You should also confirm that the correct directory is entered on the SG configuration page. If there is a typo or it is missing HS will not be able to find the SG files.

Comment

I did find that the SG config page did not have the stargate directory listed. It was there but perhaps didn't get saved. So, after putting that in and saving it I am still getting the same results as far as the security faults.

I took a close look at the device page and here is what I found.

Flags are all are listed as Unknown status and Type as JDS Unknown

Digital Intputs are showing us as Status Unknown and Type as JDS Digital

Relays is a mixed bag. Most seem to be showing both the status of on or off and the Type as JDS Relay, however, there are four that show Status of Unknown. All relays show Type as JDS Relay

Security devices all show as Type SG Security and Status Clear.

HS is still not receiving security info from SG, however the NX8 and SG continue to play together.

I am using COM1 on the PC, nothing else is running on the PC.

I re-booted SG with no joy and stopped and started HS several times and rebooted the PC.

-- greg

Comment

After saving the location of the SG files did you try to re-import your SG devices? If not, I would try that next, selecting overwrite existing. In any case, it would be instructive to check the log for errors that may occur as devices are imported.

Comment

I imported the devices as you suggested and now the security devices are working but not flags and relays.

I don't see any errors in the HS log. Are you talking about some other log?

-- greg

Comment

Greg,
                    I'm pretty much out of ideas. (BTW, yes, I was referring to the HS log.) You could try deleting the SG plug-in and download it again in case something got corrupted during the trouble-shooting. But I think your best option is to submit a help request to HST support.

Comment

Greg-

I think Uncle Michael is on the right track. You should delete your SG devices first, reboot, then reimport the devices (making sure you have the device boxes checked of course - been there, done that), then hit Save Settings.

If that doesn't work, try again, but also delete your JDS.ini file (in Config directory) before you reboot. But be warned - your device housecodes may change if you have other plugins. As an alternative, take a look at your JDS.ini - any duplicate entries? or Housecodes that don't look right?

Mark
                      Mark

Comment

Getting Closer

Mike and Mark,

Thanks for the good hints.

I deleted all the devices and reimported. Now the relays work.

The flags are still showing with an unknown for status and type and the digital devices still show with unknown status.

Maybe I will try it again.

I looked at the jds.ini file. Not sure what it should look like though. Can someone send me a known good example?

Many thanks for sticking with me.

-- greg

Comment

here is another hint.

I changed a flag in SG and it is reported in the HS log but not on the status page??

-- greg

Comment

here is another hint.

I changed a flag in SG and it is reported in the HS log but not on the status page??

-- greg
                            Did you refresh the status page after the flag state change?
                            I did an experiment in my SG schedule where I attached the state of a flag in SG to the state of a light: Flag set, X10 light on. Flag clear, X10 light off.
                            Then I toggled the state of the flag in HS and this worked flawlessly - the X10 light followed the state of the flag.

I do know that there was some weirdness with importing SG devices into HS. The best I can remember is to do as stated here:
                            Delete all SG devices in HS. Shutdown and re-start HS.
                            Re-import SG devices then cycle HS again.

Also do check for duplicate devices in the JDS.ini file after the first deletion of SG devices from HS. Make sure the jds.ini file is cleanand no dupes.

Comment

KLS -

Refreshing the page did the trick. It looks like the flag status data is coming across. I also set up a couple of events in SG to test flag operations going both ways and it works very well as you described.

It sure would be nice if the Type designation of Flag was showing instead on Unknown. Is this what everyone sees for flags?

Also, why doesn't the status page automatically reflect the status change of a flag instead of having to manually refresh the page? Is this what you all see too?

I guess I can live with these minor inconsistencies if they are by design. I just want to make sure they are not symptoms of another problem.

Thx for the help.

-- greg

Comment

Working...
                              X