X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michael_turner0 View Post
    finally..... thanks to all the help!
    . now off to adding ML, which the original goal. Does any body have suggestions for MLHSPlugin?
    tia,
    michael

Try the HS ML plug-in forum.

Comment

Originally posted by michael_turner0 View Post
      finally..... thanks to all the help!

I fought with the HS1 machine . . . So i 'borrowed' a laptop and started over. Success...! So, was the problem COM1 or HS1 fighting HS2.... i may never know. michael
      Congratulations! Sometimes it just takes persistence. Given the problems others have described, I would strongly suspect the difficulty was caused by the incompatibility of the HS1 and HS2 SG plug-ins. Your old computer is probably fully functional and not to blame at all.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Michael-

Glad to see you got HS2 working. I think your problem was some kind of compatibility problem with HS1 and HS2 on the same machine. I'm sure your original PC is fine - but just to be safe I would reformat the HD to eliminate all vestiges of HS1 and reload Windows (if you have a disc and license), do a fresh install of HS2, and you are on your way.

As for the SG/HS/ML combo... it's the best thing ever. My only advice is that since HS is the "middle man", let HS do events that both ML and HS need to see. In other words, for a change to be visible to both SG and ML, in general, HS should do it. One word of caution - if you use flags to pass status back and forth between SG and HS (which is pretty common), do not let both a HS event and a SG event change that flag - if timing gets off, you may find yourself in an endless ping-pong cycle between SG and HS (been there, done that).

Enjoy. It's a lot of fun from here on...

Mark
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X