X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddx and JDS pir events

Hi

How do I trigger events in HS via JDS and caddx.
    HS event log shows the zone being faulted or clear form the JDS unit but I can not get an event in HS to trigger off of this.

How do I do it. I am as a loss at the moment.

Thanks

Greg

I trigger the these kind of events from Stargate by passing a variable change to HomeSeer.

For example, when I trip the Caddx motion sensor at the bottom of the stairway in the morning, a SG event sets a SG variable to 11, followed by a 2 second delay and then resets it to zero.

On the HomeSeer side, an event is set to trigger on any change in the variable greater than zero. The event runs a script that does things depending on the value of the variable - in this case, if the variable=11 the script executes a morning routine.

Mark
    Mark

Comment

I first trip a flag in SG whenever a motion or open/closed sensor is triggered.
      I then use this flag for HS events.
      The flags can go back to off automaticly or not, depending what are your needs.
      Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

I have a number of events which successfully and reliably trigger directly from JDS Security Zone events. I just use a trigger type: Device Value Change, Device: JDS Kitchen Sink Window, Becomes, Faulted.

It works great.

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
          I just use a trigger type: Device Value Change, Device: JDS Kitchen Sink Window, Becomes, Faulted.
          This method works well for me also.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

[quote=timlacey;809250]I just use a trigger type: Device Value Change, Device: JDS Kitchen Sink Window, Becomes, Faulted.
            [quote]

I have had problem with the "direct" method when some zones went into the "memory" state, and could not be changed back to normal. This might have been improved, since I have not seen it for a _very_ long time.
            Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
              I have had problem with the "direct" method when some zones went into the "memory" state, and could not be changed back to normal. This might have been improved, since I have not seen it for a _very_ long time.
              Yes, I saw that too, but the latest plug-in has eliminated the problem for me. None of my zones report 'Alarm Memory' any more.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
              X