This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about plugin and lighting

I have a CommStar. Currently I do all communications with it from HomeSeer via the COM port. I have written routines on both sides to handle lighting (X-10 and UPB), IR, and relays. I am looking to improve this - specifically in the area of lighting. I don't see anything in the documentation for the plugin about lighting? Is it capable of making lights in Stargate appear as lights in HomeSeer so that I can turn on/off, dim, etc? Thanks.

yes, you simply set it up as your X10 interface on the config page for the plug-in.

i just realized, though, that I am not sure what it does about UPB lights. . . . are they mapped to X10 devices on the Stargate? if so, they probably just show up as X10 devices in Homeseer.

tim

Comment

Yes, Stargate does treat them as X-10 lights - which is not the best solution at the end of the day as you lose a lot of the functionality of UPB. Using the HomeSeer plugin is probably better - but they offered the UPB upgrade for free.

When the plugin is active between HomeSeer and Stargate does the serial connection still function for other commands? I have written a lot of code to handle the communications between the Stargate and HomeSeer and I would like that to continue to operate while I switch some of it over to this plugin. Thanks.

Comment

i would guess NOT, but maybe if you used the eltima serial splitter, you could connect to the same PC on two COM ports and try to use them both simultaneously.

Comment

Working...
        X