This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communicating between two Stargates with HomeSeer

I need some creative thought here. I'm not sure what is the best way to accomplish an issue that I am having. I have two JDS Stargates, each with different devices attached to the serial ports. All of my UPB lighting is controlled by Stargate 1 and it is also the Stargate that the HomeSeer software talks to. My other Stargate #2 has an interface to my Jandy Pool interface. What I would like to do is to be able to read the spa temperature from Stargate 2 so that it can be used by the HomeSeer program. Since HomeSeer only has a connection to Stargate 1, I need a way to transmit values between the Stargates. I can see using dummy X10 commands for ON/OFF between the two stargates, but what about values say between 0-100?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There is a Jandy Aqualink plug-in that I've been meaning to try, to get the pool functions away from the Stargate and moved to the PC. You might consider the same, if it makes your set-up simpler. Perhaps you can eliminate the need for the second Stargate altogether.

The plug-in is by Barry Gordon, and the plugin may be found at www.the-gordons.net

Tim

Comment

Great Suggestion!

Thanks Tim,

I took your advice and used Gordon's Jandy plugin. It is fantastic, one of the best plugins I have ever used. It was very well done.

This allowed me to decommission a Stargate.

Thanks for the great advice!
      Chuck

Comment

Well, I'm so happy to hear that that I may actually follow your lead and implement my own suggestion! Thanks for the news.

Tim

Comment

Working...
        X