This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Plugin OK with HS 2.3?

After many hours of frustration over the years, I have become gun-shy about upgrading to a new build or new release of HS. So it is with HS 2.3. But there are always those who are braver than I.

Has anyone been successfully running HS 2.3 and the Stargate plugin?

Everything (relays, DI, X-10, ASCII, etc.) work right? Any delays or missed device updates in HS?

Mark
    Mark

I upgraded to 2.3 and so far I have not seen any problems with the stargate with the DI, relays, IR etc. I don't have it doing a lot of X10 right now though.
    The only issue I have seen is the TED plug in lost it's configuration and after a bunch of doing all kind of things to get it back and unanswered request on the board I finally gave up on the TED plug in and found something else.
    All the rest of the things I do with Homeseer still work fine.
    Granted, I don't have fancy scripts like a lot of people have.
    My take, like a number of others is, if it's critical then do it on the Stargate if not then do in Homeseer.
    Hope that helps...Sonny

Comment

Stargate

I've been on 2.3 for a couple of weeks now, and no sign of any problems with my Stargate. I have a standard Stargate, with external RS485 Hub and additional RS485 Rely Control and so far everything seems to work fine. It's my only X10 interface as well, I don't use anything connected direct to HS for X10 apart from the AC-RF2 for motion detectors.

Didn't have to modify or change anything in either the Stargate schedule, or HS. In fact one of the smoothest updates I've known to date - That's jinxed it now of course!!

I use a number of other plugins as well, and all seem to be working fine - Doomotion, AC-RF2, pjcOutlook, pjc3145, Bluetooth Connector, JDS IR Expander, UltraMon and Media Player.

Only thing I noticed, was that Media Player seemed to be a little slower starting up when playing, but that's probably more to do with the slightly convoluted route to my music files I suspect.
      Last edited by Markrat; December 3, 2008, 12:31 PM. Reason: Signed off twice!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. Good news.

Once they get the Main Lobby plugin working right with 2.3, I'm ready to upgrade.

I thought I read that the Media Player plugin was slow when you had a large library. The latest build of the plugin was supposed to fix that.

Mark
        Last edited by Mark S.; December 3, 2008, 07:14 PM. Reason: Media Player note
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X