X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

serial splitter homeseer stargate

Hello All,

Maybe some of you who are using this configuration had this problem. When I install serial splitter and make the bundle everything works fine. It enables as it should. I install winevm and homeseer, fine. when I have to reboot the serial splitter program no longer will enable. I get an svchost.exe error. I have been working with Eltima tech support with no luck. If I revert the pc back to when it was brand new it will work untill I have to reboot again. Any ideas at all?

Thanks,
    Gary

Can you provide more information about your system? I've used Serial Splitter on two machines running XP Home and have not seen the problem you describe. What do you mean by "If I revert the pc back to when it was brand new..."? What changes when you reboot?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

serial splitter homeseer stargate

Hi Mike,

I am running xp pro. I just had the hard drive replaced and windows reinstalled. I can install S.S. and create the bundle. it enables fine. After I install the winevm and homeseer and a printer S.S. it will run fine until I have to reboot. Then S.S. will run but will not enable. if I try to enable it from the program ( F5, drop-down menu, etc ) I get an error message about a win32 error and a svchost.exe problem. The only way i can get it to work is by using windows restore to go back to a date before I installed any software. Thanks for any ideas.
      Gary

Comment

Gary,
        I assume that an uninstall of the software does not solve the problem. Have you tried not installing the printer - to eliminate a conflict with the printer driver? (I ask because of the need to restore the previous configuration.)
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Serial Splitter Hangup

I had the same problem with an earlier version of WinXp. I found that if I invoked Serial Splitter, went to the Service Tab, and then Stop/Restart Splitter, everything was fine. After numerous Xp updates, the problem simply disappeared (and I have no idea why).

Comment

serial splitter hangup

Thanks for the support, guys. I worked on this for quite awhile both with no windows updates and all of them. The last thing I did was revert back to a new install, install serial splitter, make a bundle, enable it and reboot. When I ran it again the bundle would not enable. I was wondering, Cairndhu1, what your version is. Maybe an older version would work. I am working with Eltima tech. support but have not been helped so far. I am getting a little bummed out as I have spent a bunch of money on the serial splitter program, homeseer, the plugins, etc. Thanks for anybody with a work around.

Gary

Comment

Serial Splitter Version Info

Gary, I am running Vrs 3.2, Serial_Splitter.exe, 06-JUL-07, 2348 KB. Under "File", all Preferences are unchecked. However, if I check the registration code, I receive the notice that this version is not registered on this machine but if I enter my name and code I get the message "Thank you for registeriing". If I check again, it stilll thinks it is unregistered - but everything works so I don't want to change anything. If you wish, I can email you a copy of my file. I am assuming your name and registration code would work. Just send me an email (cairndhu1@cox.net). Regards (and good luck), Jim White

Comment

I just rebooted my Hometroller and am seeing the same problem. Research on the web suggests a recent windows patch fixed this but I can't apply patches to Hometroller's XP embedded OS so what do I do now?

Comment

Working...
                X