Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital inputs in events

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Digital inputs in events

    How to do I get the digital inputs from my SG and my I/O Expander to show up in the event condition area?
    -Tim

    HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

    #2
    The DI on the SG main board can be imported directly into HS and will show up as HS devices. I don't have an I/O expander, but I think you have to poll those. If you have just a few you want to follow in HS, you could create a flag in SG along with an event that sets the flag when the DI is on and clears it when it's off.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

    HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Mike.

      I'll try to work with that.

      -Tim

      Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      The DI on the SG main board can be imported directly into HS and will show up as HS devices. I don't have an I/O expander, but I think you have to poll those. If you have just a few you want to follow in HS, you could create a flag in SG along with an event that sets the flag when the DI is on and clears it when it's off.
      -Tim

      HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
      Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

      Comment


        #4
        Re-reading my response, I don't think I was very clear.

        Just to be clear, there is no need to create a shadow flag/device unless you have a DI on an I/O expander and you do not want to use polling to check its status. The DI on the main board will generate a HS device when you import it. That device will update automatically using HS callbacks and can be used directly in events as either a trigger or a condition.

        I believe, but I do not actually have experience, that a DI on an I/O expander can also be imported, but it will not update using callbacks, and must be polled. My suggestion of using a flag was to use SG to perform the update function, using a SG event to update a flag. Then the HS callback function will automatically track the state of the flag and avoid the need for polling to track the DI on the expander.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

        HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

        Comment


          #5
          HS Sees Digital Input State Change w/o Polling

          I have two IO Xpanders. When a state change occurs in SG, HS "sees" it automatically. However, if you are viewing an SG Digital Input Device Screen, you will not see this state change unless you refresh the page by clicking Status.

          Ciao!

          Comment


            #6
            That's interesting. I thought I'd read here that the expander boards needed to be polled. Thanks for clarifying. BTW, is polling required for anything?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

            HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

            Comment


              #7
              Polling Rarely Necessary

              Folks, if, for whatever reason, you want to display a list of SG Devices (e.g., DIs, DOs, Flags, Relays, Variables) in their current state, then you will have to poll SG to see updates in HS (or click Status to force an update). However, when SG makes a change, HS "sees" it. I did a lot of debug testing during development of the current plugin and found the following schedule segment useful for testing SG <-> HS comms:

              EVENT: SG->HS Base Flag Tester
              If
              " Normal is CLEAR "
              and (F:Flag94 HS Test) is SET
              and (FebugSG->HS) is SET
              Then
              " Check Flag < 97: HS Code "
              (F:Flag95 HS Test) SET
              DELAY 0:00:02
              (F:Flag94 HS Test) CLEAR
              (F:Flag95 HS Test) CLEAR
              End

              EVENT: SG->HS Extended Flag Tester
              If
              " Normal is CLEAR "
              and (F:Flag100 HS Test) is SET
              and (FebugSG->HS) is SET
              Then
              " Check Flag > 100: HS Code "
              (F:Flag101 HS Test) SET
              DELAY 0:00:02
              (F:Flag100 HS Test) CLEAR
              (F:Flag101 HS Test) CLEAR
              End

              EVENT: SG->HS Relay Tester
              If
              " AUX BUS RO Normal is ON "
              and (RELAY:RO_VitlContr) is OFF
              and (FebugSG->HS) is SET
              -OR-
              " RS485 ROX Normal is OFF "
              and (F"Colon D"ebugSG->HS) is SET
              Then
              " Check IOX Relay: HS Code #23 "
              |-If
              | (RELAY:RO_VitlContr) is OFF
              |Then
              | (RELAY:RO_VitlContr) ON
              |- Nest End
              " Check Rly Xpandr: HS Code #45 "
              End

              EVENT: SG->HS Variable Tester
              If
              " Normal is 0 "
              and (V:MacroERR) = 1
              and (F"Colon D"ebugSG->HS) is SET
              Then
              |-If
              | (V:MacroERR) = 1
              |Then
              | (V:MacroERR) LOAD with 219
              | DELAY 0:00:02
              | (V:MacroERR) LOAD with 0
              |- Nest End
              End

              Cheers, Jim White

              BTW: Replace by "Colon D" in the above

              Comment


                #8
                Do you need to poll to see the status of security points? I have a Caddx NX-8E attached to the SG, but the security devices don't show the correct state. If I look at the HS log, I can see security zones change state, but they are not reflected in the devices screen?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Caddx Polling?

                  Sorry I have no info as I am still using Jeff's IO Xpanders (with my fingers crossed).

                  Cheers, Jim.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by jake92 View Post
                    Do you need to poll to see the status of security points? I have a Caddx NX-8E attached to the SG, but the security devices don't show the correct state. If I look at the HS log, I can see security zones change state, but they are not reflected in the devices screen?
                    If the connection is working properly you do not need to poll the Caddx devices. They should be reflected automatically in HS. The fact that you see them change in the HS log says that HS is getting the updated status. So, the question is, why aren't they reflected on the Status page? I assume a page refresh has no effect, correct? I also assume that on the device property page, the devices have the "...respond to: ...Faulted:" box set to 'Yes'.

                    You could try reimporting the security devices into HS, just in case there was a glitch the first time. Not likely, but it's the only thing that comes to mind at the moment.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

                    HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                      If the connection is working properly you do not need to poll the Caddx devices. They should be reflected automatically in HS. The fact that you see them change in the HS log says that HS is getting the updated status. So, the question is, why aren't they reflected on the Status page? I assume a page refresh has no effect, correct? I also assume that on the device property page, the devices have the "...respond to: ...Faulted:" box set to 'Yes'.

                      You could try reimporting the security devices into HS, just in case there was a glitch the first time. Not likely, but it's the only thing that comes to mind at the moment.
                      I have tried reimporting the security devices and refreshing the page. The status for all security devices always shows "Clear", no matter what I try. On the device property pages all the secuity devices are configured for "Interface Variable:", and they have Yes selected for responding to "Faulted, Bypass, Trouble, and Alarm Memory".

                      I appreciate your help and I will try any other ideas you might have...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I can think of two more things. Again, long shots.

                        First.
                        Select a security device, change the 'Faulted' drop down to 'NO'. Then click on 'Apply to All Security Devices'. Check to see if the 'NO' shows up in any other security device and note what you find.

                        Close, then restart HS. Check to see if the drop downs now contain the 'NO' selection. Test some devices to see if they register in the log or on the Status page. (They shouldn't.)

                        Now select the 'YES' drop down and repeat the process.

                        Second.
                        If that has no effect on the behavior, then I'd recommend downloading the plug-in again just in case there was a problem with installation. Again, not likely, but there have been some bizarre problems reported that were solved by reinstalling.
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

                        HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                          I can think of two more things. Again, long shots.

                          First.
                          Select a security device, change the 'Faulted' drop down to 'NO'. Then click on 'Apply to All Security Devices'. Check to see if the 'NO' shows up in any other security device and note what you find.

                          Close, then restart HS. Check to see if the drop downs now contain the 'NO' selection. Test some devices to see if they register in the log or on the Status page. (They shouldn't.)

                          Now select the 'YES' drop down and repeat the process.

                          Second.
                          If that has no effect on the behavior, then I'd recommend downloading the plug-in again just in case there was a problem with installation. Again, not likely, but there have been some bizarre problems reported that were solved by reinstalling.
                          I tried everything you recommend and still no luck. Next I am going to rename all the security inputs in the Stargate to no have spaces in their names. Then I will delete all the security devices from HS and reimport. I will let you know if that has any effect.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I am at the point where I can now see changes show up in the status menu. How do I write a script that polls all the Caddx security devices state at startup? If I can do that then I think it will work the way I would expect.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              What are you observing that you need to correct with an initial poll? I have not had any instance where security devices and the Devices page were noticeably 'out of sync' after restarting HS.
                              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

                              HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X