X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark S.
    replied
    Mike's suggestion may be all you need.

But in the interest of complicating matters, I have attached an example script that I used to track the comings and goings of the housekeeper. The flag, "\21", was used to track when the housekeeper was in the house - it was turned on when she disarmed the alarm with her code, and turned off when the alarm was rearmed. The script is run on a trigger when \21 changes.

I then used the device strings in announcements, etc.

Just throwing out some ideas for you.

Mark
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Or, you might want to look at simply saving the data to a file for later retrieval. hs.SaveInisetting and hs.GetIniSetting. You can save any number of strings, change and use at will.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    You could store the hour and minute in a device string when you arm the system, then have your announcement reconstruct the time from the string.

&hs.SetDeviceString "u16", Hour(now) & " " & Minute(now)

Leave a comment:

• garycc
    Guest replied
    thanks for the comeback. I use these to anounce the current time but do not see how to store a time based on a device change ( flag being set, etc. ) and speak it later.

Leave a comment:

• huggy_d1
    replied
    There are replacement variables in HS for this.

On your HS site:

/webhelp/tipstricks/tipstricks_using_replacement_variables.htm

Leave a comment:

• garycc
    Guest started a topic saving time as a variable

saving time as a variable

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a way to save a "time" as a variable, either SG or HS and to use it in an event? I have a welcome home event that tells me how many people have called, rung the doorbell, etc. I would also like it to anounce when the alarm was set ( which sets an away flag ) ex. since you left at "time" there have been # of phone calls, etc. thanks for any help
Working...
X