This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR Xpander

Are you guys hooking up your IR Xpander to Stargate or are you using the IR Xpander plug in and hooking it up directly to your HS?
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

I have mine connected to the Stargate just because it has always been there.

Have Stargate control some commands and HS tell it to do others.

Comment

I agree. I'm not currently using my IR, but when I was I left it on SG. This provided the most flexibility because I believe I could use it from both SG and HS.
      Mark

Comment

I was just wondering what kind of features the IR Xpander plug-in offered. Thought it might have more power than the SG connected one.
        -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
        Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I have noticed delays in my Stargate when I send IR commands from Homeseer. Back when I used X10 commands that were sent by the Stargate, I noticed that when I sent repeated IR commands to the Stargate from Homeseer, X10 events would be delayed, and the Stargate in general would get "behind" in its task.

Since I value the Stargate for its real time capabilities, introducing pauses into its routine did not appeal to me. So I've been contemplating moving the IR Expander to Homeseer for good. And my Jandy pool interface too for that matter. I just need time to do it. . . :-)

I guess the Stargate is falling out of favor for me except for mission critical tasks like managing our gate or communicating with the CADDX (which I'll keep on the Stargate).

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X