Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCD Keypad light tracking - need script?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Keypad light tracking - need script?

I have setup all my lights on the SG LCD keypad as flags. Each light has a status flag and HS can control the flag and causes SG to invert or non-invert the line to know the status of the flag.

Now I need to have HS keep the flags and UPB lights in sync so that SG can accurately track and control them.

The only way I know how is to use a lot of manual events with conditions that check for if light on then flag on. Then I would need another for if light off, then flag off. This would be a big mess doing it with a lot of events.

So I think a script might be the best way. But I don't know how to script at all.

Anything I'm over looking here?

Tim
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

I agree with you that a script sounds like the most efficient way to do what you want, but it will still be a challenge. As I imagine it, each event that affects a light would call the script, which would update the appropriate HS devices and SG flags/variables. (You might find it more efficient to use bit patterns in one or more variables rather than flags to track the status of the lights.) Are you sure it's worth the trouble?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I am finding the limitations of the plugin to be troublesome.

I ended up moving my caddx to HS because it is a lot easier to program the interaction with HS that way.

I wonder if its time to say goodbye to the SG telephone board and move up to the upb firmware.

The only thing I use the SG telephone board for now is intercom and paging via the house speaker system. Not sure how to replicate this with HS directly. If I could, there would be no reason to keep the SG telephone board.
      -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
      Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Working...
      X