This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help setup IRXpander directly to HS

I have changed the jumpers on my irxpander to rs232 mode so I can wire it directly to HS.

Next I went to setup and under settings > JDS Xpander I went to enable the button under the IR column and it would not change. The only one I could enable was under the other column and it took.

I entered the serial port info. But the IR enabled button will not change from disabled.

When I goto the stargate configure page there is check box called us IRXP required plugin restart. I check the box but don't know how to restart the plugin. Also what about the IR enable button in the setup page?

-Tim
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

i believe you have to use the IRExpander plug-in, not the Stargate plug-in to access the IR Expander directly.

please post the results when you're done - I've been wanting to try this myself.

Tim

Comment

I'm trying to use the IRXP plug in for it. That is what I am having trouble with.
      -Tim

Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

So far so good.

I had a couple of problems getting the irxp running directly from HS.

1. I had to use IE to enable the plug-in under the HS settings page. For some weird reason, Safari could only enable one of the buttons.

2. I had the serial adapter miss wired for null and had to swap pins 2-3.

So far I have only tried to learn IR commands which worked. Then I was successful in making an event to trigger off the IR commands to set a dim level of the light in my office. Works great and fast.

Next I'll try to send IR commands out. I still have to wire the outputs up to the irxp.

-Tim
        -Tim

Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Ran into an issue and need some help.

I have been able to learn and issue commands to my av gear using the irxp plug in.

The only problem is when I try to use a zone output other than 1. When I choose zones 2,3 or 4, it does not work.

For example, when I assign the HK Receiver to zone 1, it works fine. When I assign it to zone 2 and move the plug to 2 on the back of the irxp to test, no I get no output.

I have also tested that the output to zone 1 stops when I direct the IR to any other zone. So its switching off of zone 1, but not coming out another zone.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks for any input.

-Tim
          Attached Files
          -Tim

Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

No one using the irxpander directly on homeseer?
            -Tim

Way2 Call
            Elk M1 Gold
            UPB HAI switches
            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

You might want to ask Jeff at JDS directly.

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
                You might want to ask Jeff at JDS directly.
                I'm pretty sure it's plug-in related.

Another issue is that I was able to trigger events with an IR signal. Now for some reason that just stopped. Rebooted the HS machine and that didn't help.
                -Tim

Way2 Call
                Elk M1 Gold
                UPB HAI switches
                HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I did some testing and sent this to the HS helpdesk.

--
                  I was able to get a terminal program and the protocol from JDS and did some experimenting.

First my IR Xpander is working fine.

I believe I found a problem in the plug in. What was happening is that I was trying to send IR out of zone 4 of my IRXP via HS and it never worked.

After using the terminal program I found the the addressing of the ports is in hex not decimal. So I started testing the plug in. Looks like the plug in is using decimal to select the zone from the drop downs in the plugin.

So what happens is this. If you use zone 1 in the plug in, that is 0001 binary so it works and it does with my testing. Zone 2 works as well as it equals 0010. I think you can see where this is going. Zone 3 does not make the actual zone 3 ir port work because it is 0011 and that causes both zone 1 and zone 2 IR to output.

Zone 4 ir never works because when you select 4 from the drop down you are actually setting 0100 which chooses zone 3 IR and that does work.

So to sum using the drop down menus you get:

1 = IR Zone 1
                  2 = IR Zone 2
                  4 = IR Zone 3

IR Zone 4 is unusable.

I hope this bug can be fixed as I need all four zones.
                  -Tim

Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

great detective work! I guess you're the first to find this problem and figure it out in all the years that the plug-in has been around. . . wow! but the fix sounds straightforward. . .

I only use zone 1 so it's not an issue for me. . . but I could potentially use additional zones in the future.

Comment

Thanks Tim.

I hope they can address it and update the plugin.

The second problem I'm having is that when I first started using the plug in, I could trigger an event off an IR match. For some reason that has quit working.

Do you use IR match for event triggers?

I don't really need it, but it was nice to dim the light from my tv remote.
                      -Tim

Way2 Call
                      Elk M1 Gold
                      UPB HAI switches
                      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I don't use IR for event triggers, but I have been meaning to set up IR event triggers on my ISY controller, since it handles them very well and can convert them to Insteon commands. I am not sure if Homeseer can intercept those IR commands (received by the ISY) directly.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                        X