This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade question...

I have version 2.0.0.30 of the JDS Stargate plugin. I have held off of upgrading for at least a couple of years now because of the IR commands I have learned and a few other settings. What is the best way for me to upgrade to the new plugin? Will it import from the version I have?

It may be that the only way to find out is to try it. If you make a backup of your HS directory first, you can just revert back if you aren't satisfied. That said, I don't recall any issues with SG devices when installing new plug-in versions.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

In all the years I've been using Homeseer, I've never lost anything with respect to the Stargate by updating the plug-in. . . . I think all the changes they've made are very very minor.

But I generally make a backup copy of the Homeseer 2 directory before I do any questionable upgrades. . . . so that's a good suggestion.

Tim

Comment

Working...
      X