Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Stargate flag. How do I get into HS?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stargate flag. How do I get into HS?

All,

I want to define a new flag in the Stargate and see it in HS. Is there a simple way of just defining the new flag in HS or do I have to go through importing all the devices again?

Thanks!

You will need to import at least all your flags again. Be sure to check the box to overwrite so you don't end up with duplicate HS devices. It's a pretty quick process, but a bit of a pain if you are making frequent additions to your SG setup. Fortunately, you will probably find that your SG installation will stabilize before long and importing to HS will become fairly infrequent.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I thought I read elsewhere in this forum that a reload won't create duplicates?
      Last edited by indiggio; July 20, 2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by indiggio View Post
        I thought I read elsewhere in this forum that a reload won't create duplicates?
        Maybe that got fixed. It certainly used to, but that was many versions ago. I've been careful not to forget to check the overwrite box, so I haven't actually tried it in some time. If all goes to plan, I probably never will.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Another person with whom I collaborate suggested just naming a bunch of extra flags something generic (i.e. Flag_11, Flag_12, etc.) then importing. Then all you have to do is go in and rename the device when you use it in HS, thereby reducing the number of imports.

Comment

Working...
          X