This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syntax for setting JDS variable from script

What is the syntax for setting a Stargate variable from a VB script? I can't find anything in the documentation on this. Thanks.

i just cut and paste from a script:
    hs.SetDeviceValue "[73",pool_temp

when writing flags, i use the X10 command
    trashtime= hs.GetDeviceCode("JDS trashtime") 'indicate whether trash is due to be taken out

hs.ExecX10 TrashTime,"off",0,0 'sets trashtime off due to error condition found

tim

Comment

There is an inconsistency in HS. SetDeviceValue and SetDeviceStatus have subtly different effects. SetDeviceStatus causes the status in the HS device to change, but does not propagate to corresponding entities in linked systems, like Stargate. (I see similar behavior with mcsSprinklers.)

As a consequence, I've gotten into the habit of using ExecX10 (or the equivalent, Transmit) to set both status and value.

So, either
      SetDeviceValue [DeviceCode], 5 OR ExecX10 [DeviceCode], "Preset Dim", 5
      will set a SG variable to 5.

But
      ExecX10 [DeviceCode], "On" will set a SG flag, while SetDeviceStatus [DeviceCode], "On" will not.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
      X