This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get dim level to work for X10 switch

I just imported all of my X-10 settings from Stargate. I have a cheap X-10 dimmable switch in the wall in the basement. I can dim it in WinEVM using the % setting 10, 20, 30, etc. But from Homeseer I cannot get the % setting to work - only the ON and OFF commands work?

I'm using devices that support Preset Dim, so have no experience with conventional dim, but have you tried &hs.ExecX10 "A1", "Dim", 50, for example? or maybe &hs.ExecX10 "A1", "DDim", 50?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Neither of these commands seem to work. It is a simple WS12A X-10 switch. Stargate can dim it just fine but I get either no response to Homeseer dim commands, or erratic things such as the light turning full on no matter what dim level I send it.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        Neither of these commands seem to work. It is a simple WS12A X-10 switch. Stargate can dim it just fine but I get either no response to Homeseer dim commands, or erratic things such as the light turning full on no matter what dim level I send it.
        This device doesn't support direct diming so it will always go to full on and then dim.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          It is a simple WS12A X-10 switch. Stargate can dim it just fine but I get either no response to Homeseer dim commands, or erratic things such as the light turning full on no matter what dim level I send it.
          Simon,
          So you can dim the light using a SG event, eg. X10:A-1 Set Level 50% ?
          If you can, you could probably use HS to set a SG flag that triggers the event. It might even be possible to dim to a level in a variable. If that's the case, then you could have a HS event that puts the level in the SG variable, then sets the trigger flag.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X