This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use IRXP2?

I just enabled my IRXP2 in the Stargate plugin. I restarted Homeseer but I can't figure out how to access the IR commands I have stored in the unit? Thanks.

There are two mutually exclusive ways to use the IRXP in HS as I understand it.

If you make it your IR interface to HS, I am pretty sure you will need to start over and train it again for all your codes because HS and SG do not store and retrieve the IR info in the same way. I don't use it that way, but that is my understanding.

The way I did it was to keep the IR interface box unchecked. When I want to execute an IR command I create an event in SG (if one doesn't already exist) and use a flag state as the trigger. Then in HS I simply turn the flag on when I want to send the IR command. It is working well, although if SG is busy there can be a short, but detectable delay. (I notice it about 10% of the time.)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Is there anyway to use IRXP and HS without the SG board?
      I have an IRXP and IO expander and would like to use these but but don't want to put up the SG board.
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I believe you can use it as a stand-alone IR interface. There's a plug-in in the updater for it. At least you could give it a try and see how it works.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I use it through the Stargate plug-in and it works OK to send commands. Some times the commands get delayed and backlogged, or I find that when I send commands, they're not instantaneous. And sometimes my SG gets a bit behind in its schedule when I'm having it deal with IR.

I thought that HS imported all the IR commands from the SG, but I may have had to create them all from the Homeseer interface again. . . that might be a limitation of the plug-in's importing abilities. But it's been so long. All I can say is that you can do it and it should work.

But, due to the delays and unpredictable behavior of the IRXP with my Stargate and HS, I don't use IR much. But I've considered switching to the HS plug-in for the IRXP that connects directly on the serial port.

I know that in serial mode the IRXP has a few different behaviors, which may or may not matter. . . the IRXP instructinos detail the differences between working in Stargate-connected mode and serial mode.

Whatever you decide, keep us posted here as your experiences may be helpful to other Stargate/IRXP/HS users.

Comment

Working...
          X