Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an equivalent to hs.SendToComPort in the plugin?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an equivalent to hs.SendToComPort in the plugin?

I have a bunch of scripts that used to send commands to my Stargate using hs.SendToComPort before I installed the plugin. Is there an equivalent to doing this with the plugin? I can't see anything in the documentation? Thanks.

I may not understand your question, but I don't think so. The only way I can think of would be to use the serial splitter program to create two virtual serial ports, one for the plug-in and one you'd use to send your commands. (I do that with the BLRussound plug-in.)

I would expect the plug-in could handle any function you wanted to send, though, either directly or by triggering a SG event that does what you want. So, you could probably replace your former commands. Is there something the plug-in won't let you do or are you trying to avoid redoing something that already works?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You got it right - I have a lot of code that I was trying not to re-write. It is all related to my sprinkler controller - so although I installed the Stargate plugin sometime ago - spring is here and I noticed that this code needs updating. I may try to redo everything as then macros or even as events in homerseer.

Comment

Working...
      X