X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TimeCommander WinEVM code for ASCII in?

Hello all,

Ok, so I've been using TimeCommanders so long that my original ones were 2400 baud. I had no problems communicating back and forth with HS.

Well, recently I picked up a couple of more modern 9600 baud TimeCommanders, and started setting them up at a remote location. I'm able to push ASCII text from the 9600 baud TimeCommander to HomeSeer without any problems. However, sending ASCII text from HomeSeer to the TimeCommander isn't working.

Could someone please post a source code example of how one would push ASCII text from HS (via either a script statement in an even or a snippet of a script file) to a TC/SG (running a recent version of WinEVM)?

Thanks,
    Chris

I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I was able to receive "ASCII Out" from the 9600-baud TC, but the TC's "ASCII In" events don't trigger, even though it works just fine on my older 2400-baud TC.

So I just decided to cut to the chase and send the ##%25-type commands to control relays/flags/variables, which does work.

Chris

Comment

Upgraded another TC to 9600, so I had to spend more time on this.

Got a little closer to finding the real source of the problem.

Sending the string "now" ("now" meaning as of 15 years ago, it looks like) requires a vbCR terminator, and I needed to switch from the "ASCII-IN" to "ASCII-In: Match 'xyz' starting at character number 1".

Comment

Working...
      X