X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Variable and Flag Updates

Gurus,

Variables incremented in HS are not being reflected in SG. Same with Flags and Digital I/O. Devices seem to work just fine. I tried some of the techniques in:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ght=hs.execX10

HS shows a number of my scripts worked, but no update in SG. Using the Com windows in WinEVM (Alt10) I can view the commands going back and forth. The variable and flag updates go across to SG as "R:##0" only no matter what the variable is set to, the device transmissions are more complicated and seems to work. My conclusion is that HS is not sending the variable and flag updates to SG properly? I tried Increment, SetDeviceValueByName and SetDeviceValue, it went through without error, but still only generated the "R:##0" to SG . An easy check is just the increment button in Status, same result.

I tried deleting all the JDS devices, variable flags, etc. and the JDS.ini files and rebooting HS. What that technique did to my events and HSTouch was a sin and will take hours to fix, but it did not fix the SG update problem.

Any clues as to why HS won't update those items in SG?

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Leo,

If I understand correctly, I think HS can only update and react to variables and flags that are created by Stargate and imported with the plugin.

So you have to make the variables/flags in Stargates winevm, then import those into HS with the plugin. Only then can HS and SG share the variables/flags.
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Leo,
      When a value or flag state changes in SG are the changes reflected in HS?

Is this a new issue? That is, were the variables and flags updating properly at one time, but no longer do? If so, can you identify anything that changed?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Stargate Variable and Flag Updates

All of my variables, flags, IO, etc, were created in SG and imported into HS. In fact, based on advice I read elsewhere, I deleted all SG related items and reimported in HS. Items changed in SG are reflected nicely by HS (flags, variables, relays, analog, etc). Devices changed in HS are reflected in SG, relays also, but nothing elase. Updates to flags or variables in HS are not reflected in SG. Why some device types, but not others?

Philisophically I am migrating everything to HS and have come to appreciate the new capabilities. It is a long process and it would be nice for the moment to leave some control in SG.

I did notice that when a relay is updated in SG the same R:##0 goes across from HS but somehow it does update the relay. The same command goes through for flags and variables but the value in SG does not change.

Any ideas on how to improve comunications between HS and SG? To my knowledge it has been this way since HS became self aware a few months ago.

Thanks for your responses.

Leo

Comment

How are you determining that SG is not aware of the change in HS? If you are basing that on the display in WinEVM, then you may be drawing an incorrect conclusion. Since the SG plug-in for HS emulates WinEVM, and the SG box does not echo commands from WinEVM back, an SG variable may change based on the change in HS, but WinEVM won't reflect the change because SG 'thinks' the change came from WinEVM and doesn't echo it back.

The only way to test it that I could devise was to create an event in SG with a value change trigger. Then look for the event to confirm that SG was seeing the change from HS.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Variable Updates

After some more study I have concluded that all my devices are being updated in SG from HS except for the variables. I noted that until a variable is explicitly set by the schedule in SG is shows as a 0 in HS. Variable polling doesn't change that. I tried an event in SG that triggers with variable changes and was unable to trigger it from HS, I can not change the variable state in SG from HS.

Has anyone else had success modifying valiable values in SG from HS?

Comment

Originally posted by Leoleo View Post
              Has anyone else had success modifying valiable values in SG from HS?
              Leo,
              In the thread you reference in your first post I described a test I did to confirm that changing a device value in HS was reflected in SG. I've just performed the test again, and the results are the same.

My event in SG:
              Code:
              EVENT:  Variable Test 
                If 
                  (V:Debug)   Changes Value 
                Then 
                    load user_VAR with another variable(V:Debug)  
                  (V:Temp3)   load with user_VAR 
                  (V:Temp3)  INCREMENT 
                End
              In HS I used the control panel to enter an immediate script statement ("`26" is the device code for the variable 'Debug'):
              Code:
              &hs.ExecX10 "`26", "Preset Dim", 21
              In the HS log I see:
              3/29/2012 2:49:15 PM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.ExecX10 "`26", "Preset Dim", 21
              3/29/2012 2:49:15 PM Device Control Command sent to JDS Debug: `26 Preset Dim Dimval: 21 Data: 0
              3/29/2012 2:49:15 PM JDS StarGate Variable `26 (JDS Debug) set to 21
              3/29/2012 2:49:16 PM JDS StarGate Load variable `6 (JDS Temp3) with 21
              3/29/2012 2:49:16 PM JDS StarGate Increment variable `6 (JDS Temp3)
              In addition, the device values of both 'Debug' and 'Temp3' are listed as 21 and 22, respectively in HS, as expected.
              Note also that the SG log contains only
              03/29 14:49:18 Load Variable: Temp3 with 21
              03/29 14:49:19 Increment Variable: Temp3
              The SG log does not reflect the changes to 'Debug'.

Comment

Don't use ExecX10

use other commands for variables.

for example, i use, flawlessly:
                to read a variable, hs.DeviceValue("[4")
                to write a variable, hs.SetDeviceValue "[73",spa_temp

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
                  Don't use ExecX10
                  Tim,
                  Have you had trouble setting a SG device value with ExecX10? I had problems with SetDeviceValue initially, but both commands have been equivalent for me since.

In any case, a good suggestion. Definitely try both.

Comment

I'm not sure if ExecX10 works, because I had trouble with it early on and I stopped using it. I use the SetDeviceValue without any trouble. Once I found what worked for me, I just tried to be consistent. it is likely that it can work other ways, but I got burned a few times with commands that didn't work, similar to the problem described in this thread.

to set flags, I use hs.ExecX10 TrashTime,"off",0,0 'sets Trash Flag OFF
                    to check flags, I use hs.IsOn(ChattyFlag)

to read a variable, hs.DeviceValue("[4")
                    to write a variable, hs.SetDeviceValue "[73",spa_temp

Comment

Working...
                    X