This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two problems i've noticed

I moved all my wmp events over to jrmc events, and I've noticed two intersting things.
    1. when i have an event that plays a genre it only plays two songs from the genre, over and over and over and over. this has happened with two seperate genres. i have the event set to play random, i don't know if that is part of the problem, i haven't checked to see if unrandomizing it would work, i'll check it for tomorrow. if it plays all the songs unrandomized, my guess is that it is a problem with the random function? also, i haven't tried playing the genre random directly from the jrmc program, to see if the problem is w/ jrmc or the plugin, i'll try doing that this evening.

2. the volume control from the plugin doesn't work. volume stays exactly the same, whether or not i put it at 5 or max. haven't tried directly from jrmc but i imagine it would work, i'll check it when i check the genre play directly from jrmc as well.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

1. Not sure what's going on here. Are you using a script? If so, what scripting command are you using? That will help me narrow down whats going on here.

2. Not sure what's going on here either... I tried both the volume set event action and creating a simple script:

Code:
    Sub Main(parm as object)
    dim pi as object
    pi = hs.plugin("JRiver MC")

pi.Musicapi(0).Volume = 1

End Sub
    That will get the first zone of the plugin that HS knows about, and set the volume to 1. Both the script and the event action worked when I tested them (with the latest JRMC plugin release), so I'm not quite sure what's going on here... maybe it's something strange at work with multiple sound cards? Do the zone volumes appear to change in JRMC properly when you change them through JRMC? Can you change them properly directly through windows?

Comment

I was not trying to control volume with a script, but just with the web interface, from clicking on status. i'll try some scripting, and see what happens.

I'll update you after i try things manually w/ JRMC also
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

well, regarding the genre only containing two songs, I went to HS, selected the JRMC zone I want, browsed to the genre (classical) and pressed play. got nothing. tried it again, with a different genre, got nothing. created an event that plays the genre, and got it to play two songs from the genre. went to the jrmc program and noticed it had those two songs from the genre in the playlist. so then while in the jrmc program i browsed and saw the hundreds of classical songs i have in that genre, and played them (well, not all of them, but you know).

so, why is it that when HS creates the genre playlist or whatever, there are only two songs, but jrmc program will play them all?

regarding the sound control, i noticed that if i am running the jrmc program, and have the playback options set to display controls for zone A, I can control the volume of zone A with HS, but if I switch jrmc program to display zone B playback controls, HS is no longer able to control the volume for zone A.

This to me seems to defeat the purpose of having the zoned audio in HS.

thanks for looking at these things, and thanks also for the sample script.

Ian
        Plugins:

Comment

Are the two songs that it originally displays the only two songs that it *ever* plays, or will it add an additional song to the playlist once the first song is finished?

The plugin manages HomeSeer playlists internally. We do this because the JRiver API does not give us an easy way to add songs to the 'playing now' playlist by a spefic filter, and for large music libraries, the plugin would hang if it attempted to play all songs of a particular genre as it adds them to the playing now playlist. Hence, we only load the current song and the next one into the 'playing now' playlist (this lets us take advantage of the JRiver song transitions and makes the plugin more responsive). If the two songs that show up are the only songs that ever play, then that is a bug... is that the case for you?

Regarding the zoned audio, the zone that you currently have selected should have no bearing on which zones the volume controls are working for. So if you have an event action that changes the volume controls for zone 1 and you have zone 2 active in JRMC, the event should still work properly, though you would not see any change in volume on the JRMC interface unless you switched back to the first zone, since that's the zone which you changed the volume for. I will verify that this is working properly tomorrow.

Also, I've held off releasing a new build on the plugin (as you've no doubt noticed). I'd like to address these issues before I put a new build out.

Comment

Ok, weirdest thing - i ran some events that set genres, so i could try to replicate the problem, and i couldn't do it. everything seems to be fine. i promise, though it really was doing it! I don't know what "fixed it" or what "broke it" in the first place.

The volume thing seems to be fixed too.

I can't come up with why it is fixed. the only thing i've done is to install an itunes update. i haven't even rebooted, so I don't get it. Now I just feel bad for sending you on a hunt for what seemed like a fig neuton of my imagination.
            Plugins:

Comment

Well, if it does come up again, by all means, please let me know. Looking at the code, I have no idea why any of those things were happening, much less why they started working again!

Again, if anything does re-emerge, I'll be glad to take another look, but these were all things that I've tested fairly extensively before and I can't find any reason why they wouldn't be working.

Comment

I did some testing, and noticed that when JRMC volume changes on a certain zone, it changes the master volume, not just the app volume. this is true whether it is changed via the app or HS.

This is not the case with the wmp plugin. I don't expect anything to be done about it, but I guess i'm just throwing it out there as an fyi, and to see if anyone else has noticed this.

ps, running vista, don't know if that matters.

also, was there goin to be an option put in to pause music when HS is speaking?
                Plugins:

Comment

I believe the JRMC volume is tied to the system volume level for a particular sound device, so there aren't any changes that I can make there.

On the config page, there should be a box for each zone that you can use to 'associate' speaker clients with a particular zone. If a speaker client you've associated with a zone starts speaking, the plugin will pause that zone.

Comment

Cool, thanks very much.
                    Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                    X