X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JRiver MC plug-in 2.1.0.14 posted

Changes in this version:

* Added option to disable the creation of VR events per zone
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Voice Commands, single songs and Play URL - Not Workign

Since I have updated, voice commands via HSP are not working. Play artist XYZ works but anything to do with Player (Command) like Player Stop or Player Play are not working. The log shows it tried to execute the command but the player doesn't perform the action.

Also Play URL setup in events is not working. I have had to create a playlist in JRiver Media Center with the URL in there for it to work with HS. If I create a simple event with a JRiver Media Action to Play URL, it will NOT work.

The final issue is if in my media library I have an artist with a single song and try to play that song, it will not play. Only artists with multiple songs in library will play.

Thanks
    Last edited by dhellis; January 2, 2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Did you set the option to disable the VR commands?

Comment

Yes and that gave me the results of no voice commands to control the player. With it enabled I could at least speak Play Artist XYZ and it would work (provided it was an artist with muliple songs - but thats a different issue I listed on my first post). With it disabled, no voice commands at all work.

Comment

Originally posted by dhellis View Post
          With it disabled, no voice commands at all work.
          Are you saying that "other" non jRiver plugin voice commands do not work? This must be something related to your mic setup as the new option simply doesn't create the VR commands for the plugin.

Comment

Only the JRiver voice commands stop working. All others are fine. It is specific to the plugin only.

Comment

Only the JRiver voice commands stop working. All others are fine. It is specific to the plugin only.
              Ok, I must be misunderstanding the issue. If you set the option to not create the VR events then they shouldn't work. If this option is set to create them are they enabled in the events view?

Comment

Yes they are enabled in the events view and work in some capacity when enabled - for example I can tell it to play an artist and it does that but it won't control basic commands like "Player Stop" "Player Pause".... The event for the voice command triggers but nothing happen for those commands.

1/3/2010 8:50:06 AM Phone Line 1 Finished loading internal Voice Recognition
                1/3/2010 8:50:08 AM Phone Line 1 Playing wave file over the phone: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\phonewaves\ready.wav
                1/3/2010 8:50:13 AM Device Control Device: JRiver MC JRiver MC Zone 1 Status (]1) Set command: 13

Just seems that there is a break down somewhere in the code since it understands the command like "Player Stop" and trigger the event but it doesn't stop the player.

Comment

Yes they are enabled in the events view and work in some capacity when enabled - for example I can tell it to play an artist and it does that but it won't control basic commands like "Player Stop" "Player Pause".... The event for the voice command triggers but nothing happen for those commands.

1/3/2010 8:50:06 AM Phone Line 1 Finished loading internal Voice Recognition
                  1/3/2010 8:50:08 AM Phone Line 1 Playing wave file over the phone: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\phonewaves\ready.wav
                  1/3/2010 8:50:13 AM Device Control Device: JRiver MC JRiver MC Zone 1 Status (]1) Set command: 13

Just seems that there is a break down somewhere in the code since it understands the command like "Player Stop" and trigger the event but it doesn't stop the player.
                  This was already reported back in May, see post 1 & 2
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136056
                  John

Comment

i have an event that plays a genre of music every morning. this morning (and some others) it got stuck on one song repeating for 25 minutes. my wife called me displaying what was clearly a justifiable sub-zero WAF, and told me she never wanted to hear any music ever again in the morning wakeup/get ready routine.

Obviously Alfred (my HAPC) and I were very sad that she had such a frustrating experience. I can't blame her though. alas, whatever fix I think would work would be wasted anyway, because Alfred now has no chance ever of proving himself again when it comes to music in the morning. It's really unfortunate.

Ian
                    Plugins:
                    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

No matter how many music plug-ins I try or keep installed to play with I ALWAYS use BLMediaPlayer for morning music routines. It's never failed me and WAF is 10+ for her morning routines, complete with music. It just didn't make sense to me to risk the automation budget, which is tied directly to WAF, on something else.
                      Marty
                      ------
                      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X