X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm certainly not one to be an apologist for HomeSeer, (that's Rupps job ) however in their defense I did not read in any of the forums that they were not going to "ever" get to this or stop supporting it, in their own time of course. It may not come at the pace that some would want but this is HomeSeer and they have their own agenda and priority list. I'm sorry to say that audio/video is on the bottom of that list as far as I can tell, music especially.

My personal opinion is they do a fairly amazing job, considering how short staffed they are. I believe the company to be at a decision point as far as staffing goes, either expand and get things working and make happy customers who generate new customers or leave it the way it is. I'm sorry to say it's pretty obvious the way that's going right now, you can see the indicators all over the board in any almost any thread about a HomeSeer branded plug-in. Right now their only saving grace is that the HomeSeer core works very well, depending on what plug-ins you need to run but as time goes on and other HA packages get out of beta or come on-line they could very well have the kind of competition they don't have today, that time is not far off I fear. As someone who wants HomeSeer to succeed I hope they make the right choices for their business and their customers.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Yes... well said Marty.

Homeseer software is pretty solid. That is why we using it! All of HST efforts should go into building HS - expanding & strenghting it's core capabilities.

Development of niche plugins should perhaps be left to others. Hopefully, HST make the JRIVER PI code available for further developement. I say this not only because , IMO & others in this forum, JRMC software is the most impressive multizone media server available, but because tighter integration between it and HS would benefit HST as well.
      Larry

Comment

Originally posted by jwilson56
        Nightwalker you can have your opinion but the fact is that they put the JRMC plugin out as a pay for plugin. So maybe they should have made sure it actually worked or at the very least took some time out since it was released to not fix it but rather finish it.

Let us hope someone gets the code and fixes the problems and adds the rest of the functions.
        Now that I agree with totally, I was not a big supporter of including all HS branded plug-ins with the HSPro package. There is a lot of junk in there, some work, some don'tm a lot sort of work. I thought it was a bad business decision on their part but they didn't ask for my opinion.

I've said before and I'll say it again here, if I buy something from someone, HomeSeer or anyone else I expect it to work. I got stuck a couple of times in the beginning thinking the HS branded plug-ins were designed to work with their product and if they were for sale HS stood by them. I was wrong in that and got branded a complainer and trouble maker for asking that things work at least as advertised. I'm now very careful buying HS plug-ins and always go through the trial period before even thinking about pushing that buy now button, generally I'll look for thrid party plug-ins and leave HS branded ones as the plug-in of last resort.

Unfortunatly new and old HSPro buyers snapped it up thinking it was a good deal with all those nifty plug-ins included. Many started off working on their new system buying equipment and activating plug-ins that had glowing advertisments about how great they were and all the neat stuff you would be able to do. Many have or are currently regretting that decision and there are many posts on this board showing that.

But you know that, your experience with JRMC Plug-in is just one of them.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X