This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russound event actions die after turning on a zone

From what I can tell if a zone is off and you run an event to turn that zone on, everything is fine. But if you want to turn the zone on, change the source and adjust the volume, it will only turn the zone on.

I even separated these actions into two separate events, one event to turn the zone on and run another event that changes the source and adjusts the volume. The result, the zone will only turn on.

If the zone is already on, and you only run the event to change the source and adjust the volume, it will work fine.

Any ideas?

Have you tried adding a delay between turning the zone on and the other actions in the event?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just tried that. If I add a 1 second delay between turning on the zone and running the extra event to change source and adjust volume it will all work fine.

Unfortunately, there is not an option to just add a delay after turning on the zone and keep these actions in the same event.

Fortunately the Run event action does allow a person to add a delay, you just have to setup more events.

It is also worth noting the following:
      If your zone was previously on a source such as tuner, but is currently off and you run the following event:
      Turn on Zone
      Change to Source Media Player
      Play XYZ Playlist

The following will happen:
      The zone will turn on,
      it will not change to the Media Player Source, it will stay on the Tuner Source and the tuner will be heard, but the display on the keypad will have the information for the playlist displayed that is supposed to be displayed on the Media Play Source it was supposed to switch to. And, the Media Player did start playing that playlist.

Basically, the plugin needs to pause a very short amount of time before it sends additional zone commands after turning on a zone.

Comment

I do not use this plugin but if each of these commands are separate commands then you can simply add the first command action , then a delay action, then the other actions all in one event.

Comment

Rupp,

Do you mean a Wait Action? Is that the same as Delay?

When I click on the drop down to add an action, and I select Russound Action, then configure that action, there is no option to add a delay like there is with many other action types such as the run Event Action.

By-the-way, this is a great plug-in. It just seems to need a little fine tuning.

Comment

Yes. Add your first action, then a wait Action, then the other actions.

Comment

Working...
            X