This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having TED interface problems

I'm having problems getting the TED plug-in to work.
    It apears to initialize but then I get XML erros in the log and nothing apears on the status page.

Here is what shows up in the log:

1/2/2009 7:21:45 AM - TED - Error while processing TEDXML: Element: CO2Avg Error: Conversion from string "Infinity" to type 'Decimal' is not valid.
    1/2/2009 7:21:45 AM - TED - Error while processing TEDXML: Element: KWAvg Error: Conversion from string "Infinity" to type 'Decimal' is not valid.
    1/2/2009 7:21:45 AM - TED - Error while processing TEDXML: Element: DlrAvg Error: Conversion from string "Infinity" to type 'Decimal' is not valid.

1/2/2009 7:20:04 AM - Info - Finished initializing plug-in TED
    1/2/2009 7:20:04 AM - TED - TED Startup Complete.
    1/2/2009 7:20:04 AM - TED - Warning, could not get an IO Code: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    1/2/2009 7:20:04 AM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: TED
    1/2/2009 7:20:04 AM - TED - Register callback completed

Do the values in the XML file look valid?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For the XML errors- the TED service does that. It resets the average values on the meter read date and then for the first day it returns "Infinity" for the average values (division by 0 days). It will start presenting a "good" value after midnight (since it now has a days worth of data). You should file a help desk ticket for this.

If you want to check the XML file- use your brower to go to
      http://{ip}:9090/DASHboarddata
      where {ip} is the address of PC with TED or localhost if the same PC and save the file as an xml file.

jim

Comment

I've been running TED for the past 2 years and yes all of the values look valid and it's working fine.
        The problem is that no "devices" are ever created. I've disabled, saved then re-enabled the plug-in but that doesn't help. Everything else in HS is working perfectly.

Comment

Has this problem with the TED plug been fixed? My log was filled with the infinity errors this morning until I disabled the plug-in. Not a very useful plug-in if it trashes Homeseer once a month like this.

I was doing a trial of version 1.2.0.2

Bill

Comment

Unless someone puts in a help desk ticket on this the developers will never know about this issue.

Comment

I've opened an issue.

Bill

Comment

Begining of the month and the issue has come up for me also. I have issued a help desk ticket as it doesn't appear to be resolved yet.

Comment

Have you guys "bumped" your tickets by replying to them asking for a status.

Comment

Just submitted mine...will start "bumping" in a week if nothing comes back.

Comment

Got a reply to my helpdesk ticket that "An updated posted to the updater a few weeks ago should have resolved this." I'm assuming it is the version 1.2.0.3, which I have downloaded and installed...will post if it didn't fix the problem.

Comment

Strange why I didn't see this problem last month (my first new billing cycle since purchasing TED), however it sure did show up this morning! After updating to the 1.2.0.3, problem solved.
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X