This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TED plugin not showing anything?

I am not sure if I am missing something but I don't see anything in Homeseer with the TED Plug-in. What should I expect to see? I currently am in the trial. Someone else mentioned that I should see something under HS Touch devices and I don't see anything so I am not sure what I am missing or have. The only thing I see is the web information on port 9090.

I would like to see what information should be coming from the TED to put into the HS Touch. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

You should see an entire list of TED devices as illustrated below. Do you see the TED plugin initializing when HS starts?
    Attached Files
    Mike

Comment

Sorry, I am fairly new to Homeseer so when you say initialize I'm not sure where to look.

I don't see the list like you have but I also noticed you have put them all into there on room. I looked and I don't have anything like you do.

I restarted the Homeseer service and attached is what you may mean by initializing. Sorry, I don't blog so I'm not sure how to show you the homeseer log without giving away my ipadress (inside) in a picture format.
      Attached Files

Comment

From your log it looks like TED initialized and started up ok.

If you go to SETUP -> Interfaces, you should see something similar to below (except yours is running in a trial mode).

Then click the CONFIG button and be sure you have the second image below configured to your TED Footprints software as in the example.
        Attached Files
        Mike

Comment

Thank you for helping me.

So far no luck.

I have changed the ip address from "localhost" to my HS ip address.

3/27/2012 6:31:08 AM Plug-In Interface TED is running as a trial, 21 days remaining.3/27/2012 6:31:08 AM TED Register callback completed3/27/2012 6:31:08 AM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: TED3/27/2012 6:31:08 AM TED TED Startup Complete.3/27/2012 6:31:08 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in TED

My footprint software is correct and I changed under the config to match my footprint software (http://192.168.0.2:9090).

Comment

The first time the TED plugin is initialized it should have created all those devices automatically. If you are certain they are nowhere in your list of devices then I would try removing and reinstalling the plugin. Then when you re-enable the plugin look in the log for TED activity, it should show the devices being created.

The only other advice is that perhaps the plugin cannot communicate with the Footprints software, a reinstall of that may be the next step.
            Mike

Comment

I have tried several methods of uninstalling and removing with no luck of seeing the devices. Any other tries or guess to getting this going?

Comment

What does the HS log show when the TED plugin is initialized for the first time? You should see all the TED devices being created. You might try putting the logging level in TED configuration to DEBUG, see if that shows anything else in the log.
                Mike

Comment

Not exactly sure what kicked it out but after uninstalling--> re-downloading --> and then going into debug mode kicked it out.

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Working...
                  X