Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artists keep dissapering after playing music...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artists keep dissapering after playing music...

I have just downloaded the Windows Media Player plug-in, and wanted to use it with HSTouch until a working version of the Squeezebox plugin supports HSTouch.

However I have a problem. I have about 6000 tracks and roughly 500 artists in my libary.

When I create a HSTouch screen with a music selector, everything works fine at first, until I select an artist and start playing music. Then when I go back to the music selector to select another artist, everybody but the first on the list (Happens to be "3 doors down" in my list) has dissapared from the list.

The same thins happens from within HS2. When I click on the Windows Media Player button in the HS2 Status page, all the artists load, but as soon as I start playing a track, and want to go back to the "main list", only "3 Doors Down" showes up, and all the other artist are gone from the list.

Restarting HS2 brings the complete list back, but the same problem reoccures.

I have HS2 2.3.0.60, HSTouch 1.0.0.1 and Windows Media player plugin 2.4.0.28 installed on a Windows Vista Home premium machine.

Comment

I wish I had something to help you out but it's been doing this for years. I've reported it several times but no real response or fix. Maybe when they're done with HST and the Iphone app they'll get back to it. I have a large music collection and if I enable the plugin it spends most of it's time re loading tracks.

Oh how I wish for a simple music player, forget the databases, the playlists, the heaped on features, just play music. I have no desire to make and maintain multiple playlists just to play music, it takes something that should be enjoyable and simple and turns it into work.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I used this plugin and have never see this issue and the library size may be the issue. Have you tried, as a test, reducing the size of your library to something less than a thousand songs and see if this works? This may help troubleshoot this issue.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

I haven't reduced it that far no, I did cut it in half and that did help some, not so much that it didn't rescan everything, it did, it just did it a little faster. I wouldn't mind the rescanning so much if it didn't keep doing it over and over once it does start. I'd rather it had a settable scan time, say once a day at a certain time or once a week, even just a button to rescan now when you make changes to the library.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I can live with the fact that its rescanning my libary often, but what i can't live with is the fact that i "loose" all my tracks after playing a song.
            Is this also "normal" behavior for this plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy81 View Post
              I can live with the fact that its rescanning my libary often, but what i can't live with is the fact that i "loose" all my tracks after playing a song.
              Is this also "normal" behavior for this plug-in?
              Not here. I've never experienced this.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X